The electricity service provider, Power Distribution Services (PDS) Ghana Limited, has announced that it will reschedule all planned maintenance works to ensure that Ghanaians are able to watch all the matches of the senior national team at AFCON 2019.
The PDS in a public notice on Tuesday said it has decided to reschedule all planned maintenance works on days when the Black Stars play.
It explained that this is in order not to interrupt power supply to enable full support for the senior national team.
However, PDS stressed that critical maintenance works will be completed on Black Stars matchdays within the shortest time.
The Black Stars started their 2019 AFCON campaign against Benin on Tuesday at the Ismailia Stadium in Egypt at 8 pm.
The match ended in a 2-2 draw.
They have been drawn in Group F alongside defending champions Cameroon and Guinea-Bissau.
The Black Stars will also play Cameroon on June 29 in their second match in Ismailia before facing Guinea-Bissau in their final group match on July 2 at the Suez Stadium in Suez.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists