The Nandom Municipal Security Council (MUSEC) has debunked media reportage particularly from the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) about the purported installation and enskinment of a new paramount chief for Nandom which was aired on January 13, 2022.
The Municipal Security Council in a statement to the press and signed by its chairman, Raymond Nero stated that ‘‘to the understanding of MUSEC and all stakeholders involved, the process for enskinment of a new Paramount Chief has not been concluded since the demise and performance of the funeral rites of the late Nandom Naa, Naa (Dr.)Puoure Puobe Chiir VIII.”
They are therefore urging all interested parties to remain calm, committed to the roadmap and “let us work together to see to a peaceful resolution of all the outstanding issues to pave the way for the ceremonies for enskinment of a substantive Naa.”
The statement also cautioned all who might have been misled by the said misrepresentation on GBC to desist from spreading any further information or doing anything that may fuel unnecessary tension or breach the peace in Nandom.
‘‘All media houses and other media platforms are particularly urged to be extra circumspect in reporting matters relating to a new Chief in Nandom.
“If it is necessary at all, an in-depth investigation, checking and double checking should be done before putting out any news piece or report concerning the Nandom Paramountcy and the process for installation of a New Chief.
“At the appropriate time, a new Paramount chief will be installed to the glory of the people of Nandom but until then, let us remain steadfast in holding the peace and trusting the process to come to a peaceful conclusion,’’ the statement concluded
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- EIU revises global growth forecast for 2023 to 2%
- Actor Mawuli Gavor and wife expecting first child
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement and could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69
- Mahama to speak on transparent financing of political campaigns today
- Eno Barony raps better than many male rappers in Ghana – Medikal