The Adansihene Mawerehene II, Nana Abu Takyi Korsah has called on the Akufo-Addo government to be thankful to the people of Fomena for not showing any violent disposition over the abandoned health facility in his area.
According to the Mawerehene, the non-completion of the facility could have led to heightened tensions in the area, a situation he believes could have caused unrest.
The 120-bed Fomena hospital facility intended to provide residents with access to quality healthcare has stalled since 2017 after the exit of the Mahama administration.
With funding already secured for it under the NMS Infrastructure valued at $175 million, construction works began in earnest only for it to stall after the NPP assumed the reins of power in 2017.
The abandoned project which would have served residents of the district and provided those within its catchment area with the needed medical care, is now at the mercy of the weather.
Most of the buildings have not seen an additional concrete block being added after work stalled in 2017, with some overgrown by weeds.
This has infuriated the chiefs and people of Adansi in the Adansi North District of the Ashanti Region who have impressed upon the Minority in Parliament to pile pressure on government to complete the abandoned health facility in the area.
“If residents were not peaceful, this situation would have degenerated and led to violent protests,” he said.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘Woman is King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act
- If your music penetrates China, then you have done enough as an artiste – Kuami Eugene
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Moody’s further downgrade of Ghana to junk status
- Chamber of Telecommunications outlines services to be affected by SIM deactivation
- Ernest Kojo Manu: Bumpy roads, illegal speed ramps posing serious threat to safety of road users
- Single spine is the most indecent salary structure – TUC
- Organised Labour revises demand for base pay increase to 65%
- Danny List urges black golfers to be more vocal to motivate young talents
- Crackdown on black market operators was to control cedi depreciation – Interior Minister
- DDP Outdoor sign onto ‘Abonten’ platform by mediaReachOMD Ghana
- Dwumakrom in Ashanti Region cries for good roads, potable water and other amenities