The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) has cut sod for the construction of the Volta Regional Headquarters in the regional capital of Ho.
The ¢1.06 million facility, when completed, would quench the long-desired objective of the party to have enough working space to operate.
The edifice would contain about 6 offices, an executive office, a control room, about 100 sitter capacity conference room, and other ancillary facilities.
Completing the edifice would end the over 30-years of operations of the party in a rented apartment.
The construction of the regional headquarters project was a major promise by Makafui Woanyah when he was aspiring to lead the elephant family in the Volta Region as its Chairman.
Consequent to that, he has thus fulfilled such a promise.
Addressing party enthusiasts at the sod-cutting ceremony, Mr Woanyah explained the project was necessitated by the need for extra office space to enhance the administrative works of the NPP.
This, he believes, would translate into the growth of the elephant fraternity in the opposition National Democratic Congress’ stronghold since the inception of the 4th Republic.
He underscored the need for party faithful to continue to invest in the provision of infrastructure and other relevant logistics needed to enhance operations of the NPP; on its shoulders, they rode to success and riches.
“We cannot continue to build and line in mansions as beneficiaries of the legacies of the ELEPHANT and yet deny the elephant a decent and suitable abode. The oarty deserves better than we have offered it so far at all levels and we are determined to change the narrative.”
“The concept and design of the project is meant to provide enough office space and rooms for our offices, an executive conference room, recreation and enough space for vehicles to maneuver, he stressed.
He detailed that they shredded off opposition elements in collaboration with internal factors, aiming to destroy plans towards the project and commence construction works.
Mr. Woanyah said the edifice would be completed by the close of 2021 and operationalised in earnest.
“And God willing, a second project, which is the construction of an ultra-modern auditorium, will begin”, he announced.
He appreciated the support by the national NPP hierarchy towards the project.
The National Chairman of the NPP, Freddie Blay, lauded the initiative to erect a headquarters, describing it as “an important base to strengthen the party’s organizational efforts in the regions.”
He further indicated that “each headquarters we build must, and does reflect modern technology and the needs of our party as we move into the future. Therefore, I am particularly excited by the architect’s ability to incorporate important concepts in his brief to enliven the project.”
“I am confident that in time this building will stand as a good architectural statement, and a true testimony to the party’s commitment to our members in the region”, he added.
He reminded patriots to remain committed to the core values of the NPP.
“Let’s remember that without a true commitment to our values nothing we build today will stand the test of time. The core value of the New Patriotic Party is commitment and dedication to public service.
“We must never forget that what defines who we are, are the democratic ideals of serving in the interest of the people to build a better Ghana”, he said.
Mr Blay also implored politicians “to desist from identifying politics as a way to enrich themselves and be focused on serving in the interest of the citizens when appointed to public offices rather than seeking avenues to amass personal wealth.
“We must always remember that even though we have our political differences, we should co-operate with political colleagues in other parties in working to improve and enrich Ghana.”
“In our diversity of political approaches and ideologies, the NPP and our NDC colleagues and all other political parties must be united in the dedication to make our country a better place for now and the generations to come”, he stressed.
The NPP Youth Organiser, Henry Nana Boakye, highly praised the leadership of the party in the Volta Region.
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- We need clarification – Bagbin calls for Gyakye Quayson’s name to be retained in Parliament’s records
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Charles Bissue asks court to stop OSP from investigating him again
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 32 Ghanaians selected for 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship
- Akufo-Addo reiterates commitment to protecting environment at Green Ghana Day
- As Ghanaians take climate action in planting 10million trees in a day
- Champions League final: Simone Inzaghi – the ‘nice guy’ who turned Inter Milan fortunes around
- Eugene Osei Tutu: Taxing the Blood; Reusable Pads is the surest way to end Period Poverty
- Manchester City: ‘Hysterical and ‘hated at times’ – Pep Guardiola is already the greatest
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- Every Ghanaian must support Green Ghana Day – Chief of Staff
- Olympic Games qualification is good but we also want to win U-23 AFCON – Ibrahim Tanko
- Rare ruby from Mozambique sells for record $35m
- Senegal’s future hangs in the balance – #GardonsLesYeuxSurLeSenegal, West Africa’s longest-standing democracy!
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Mahama is a passionate advocate for women and young people – Joyce Bawah Mogtari