An aspirant and sole candidate in the New Patriotic Party’s (NPP) primaries for Fomena, Philip Ofori Asante, is predicting defeat for the incumbent Member of Parliament who wants to seek re-election as an independent candidate.
He wants Andrew Amoako to rescind his decision and join forces with the party to secure victory in the presidential and parliamentary elections in December.
Mr Ofori Asante says the December ‘fight’ is between NPP and NDC for which he expects the sitting MP to join him to retain the seat for the governing party.
The astute banker was cleared to contest unopposed in the party’s primaries after the incumbent legislator withdrew from the race over delegates’ register controversy.
He said at his acclamation at Fomena, he would personally invite Mr Amoako to discuss the independent bid. He is however predicting a loss for the incumbent in the upcoming general elections if he declines to change his mind.
“Lawyer Amoako Assiamah will not get more than 2,000 voters if he refuses to reason with me and proceed to contest as independent candidate,” Mr. Ofori Asante says.
Ashanti Region Deputy Youth Organizer, Yahaya Salifu, claims the MP was given a fair hearing at a committee meeting at the regional office on the register.
“Asiamah decided not to continue the process of his party’s primaries when he sensed the humiliating defeat ahead of him,” he suggested
Mr Salifu acknowledged the contribution of the party’s parliamentary candidate towards the infrastructural development in Fomena and called for support to get him into parliament.
Adansi North District Chief Executive, Eric Kusi Jnr, urged the electorate in the constituency to vote Mr. Ofori Asante into parliament to enable him to continue the good work.
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
SSCIS and partners to offer fully-funded masters programme to girls in Ghana and Nigeria
Government’s initiatives to fight Covid-19 even better than those of advanced economies – Bawumia
Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
Victoria Awusi Hlovor
Rapper J. Cole makes his debut in African basketball league
Dr Opuni, others file motion for stay of proceedings
Business Executive held over spousal murder halts wife burial
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Sometimes the girl who is always there for everyone else needs someone there for her
I don’t write songs for people anymore – King Promise
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
Akosombo Dam could serve Ghana for another 50 years if well maintained – Kweku Awotwi
No new Covid-19 cases in Northern Region in 3 weeks