The governing NPP says the NDC is making unfounded allegations about ballot stuffing to save face should they lose the elections.
According to Mustapha Hamid, the NDC party failed to properly campaign and win the hearts of Ghanaians thus using the press address as a way to “throw dust into the people’s eyes.”
“The so-called video that they have first of all there’s no authenticity, the things were a blur, nobody saw anything and the ink was very different,” he added.
His comment comes after the NDC alleged that there have been widespread ballot stuffing in polling stations across the region.
During a press conference, the party’s Director of Election, Elvis Afriyie Ankrah, stated that already thumb printed presidential ballots are being added illegally to help push the numbers of the ruling NPP.
But Mr Hamid questioned how the NDC knew there has been ballot stuffing when the counting of votes has not yet begun.
“They’ve shown some fake ballots, that they claim are ballots that were stuffed in ballot boxes.”
“It is very clear that they themselves are involved in ballot stuffing thus are seeking to throw dust into the eyes of Ghanaians by lying. They have found nothing.”
Mr Hamid stated that if the NDC truly had evidence, they should report the people who are violating the laws to the police.
He cited an example of electoral officers who have been arrested and taken off their positions for tampering with the ballot boxes.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ashanti Region: Fire kills eight in first quarter of 2021