Audio By Carbonatix
Arsenal have completed the signing of Spain international Santi Cazorla from Malaga on a long-term contract.
The 27-year-old attacking midfielder becomes the third new arrival at the Emirates this summer, following the arrivals of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.
Confirmation of the transfer ends a saga where the move had been cast into doubt due to uncertainties over the Spanish club’s ownership situation.
The transfer fee for Cazorla is officially undisclosed but Goal.com understands the move will cost the Gunners around ÂŁ18 million.
"I'm so happy to be joining Arsenal," Cazorla told Arsenal's official website.
"This is a club with great players, a fantastic stadium and huge support. The club has one of the best managers in football and their style of play is recognised and admired all over the world.
"I'm so excited to be joining one of the greatest teams in Europe and also in the Premier League. I will do my best to help Arsenal challenge for trophies and make all the supporters happy."
Manager Arsense Wenger was also delighted after seeing the move finalised, hailing the ex-Villarreal man as a great player who will add significant quality to his squad for the new season.
"Santi Cazorla is a great signing for us," he said. "He is a player with good experience at both club and international level, who will add significant quality to our squad.
"He is a versatile, attacking midfield player who can play comfortably on either side of the pitch or centrally.
"He has good pace, is technically gifted and will be a huge asset to Arsenal. We are delighted that he is joining us."
Arsenal are currently in Germany for a pre-season training camp and have been joined by captain Robin van Persie - a player still subject of intense transfer speculation - as they prepare to open their Premier League campaign against Sunderland on August 18.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana’s missing billions: What 16 years of Auditor-General reports show
3 minutes -
BoG identifies $4.8bn annual SME financing gap, pushes digital data-driven lending
11 minutes -
Labone bank robbery suspect remanded
15 minutes -
NTC launches 2026 Ghana Teacher Prize to celebrate outstanding educators
15 minutes -
Hanan Abdul-Hamid cannot be forced to face trial without lawyer — Dame
24 minutes -
MTTD to make Accra model city for safe riding – ACP Dr Samuel Sasu Mensah
24 minutes -
NPP Upper West eyes 2028 comeback; dismisses vote-buying allegations in regional executive elections
31 minutes -
Minaata Moomin defeats Nancy Dery in NPP Upper West Regional Women’s Organiser election
33 minutes -
Constituency Games will take Mahama’s ‘Reset Ghana sports agenda’ to every community – Samson Deen
33 minutes -
Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov praises Kwame Nkrumah’s legacy during meeting with Ablakwa
34 minutes -
Bleoo 2G alumni hand over Beatrice Lokko Memorial Eco Park
36 minutes -
‘I will not be available’ – Godfred Dame rejects vacation hearing in Hanan trial
38 minutes -
27-year-old spiritualist arrested over alleged attempt to use 11-year-old girl for ritual
51 minutes -
Galamsey could trigger major health crisis within five years — Medical experts warn
1 hour -
Defending champions SUSEC, Twene Amanfo SHTS secure Bono Zone 2 spots in 2026 NPSC
1 hour