Ghana Football Association(GFA) technical directorate member Francis Oti Akenteng has rubbished recent reports claiming the Black Stars will require a technical director to excel at next year's FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
There have been a lot of reactions to this development with former Ghana FA chairman Alhaji MND Jawula stating it will not be out of place if the FA appoint a technical head to aid the work of Black Stars coach Kwasi Appiah who is on the verge of qualifying Ghana for a third successive World Cup.
Akenteng does not expect any appointment of a technical director since they are capable of always advising coach Kwasi Appiah.
"We have to forget about it because I believe and I know it will not happen. Ghanaians have hope in Kwasi Appiah and the technical and development committee set up by the Ghana FA so if Kwasi needs any advice we are there and is something we have always been doing," he told Joy sports.
("We haven't left him (Kwasi Appiah) like that or is it because we don't come to the forefront, look at him he’s been performing wonderfully well, so what again."
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- Government’s new tax measures are anti-business – Mark Aboagye
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Former MP files nomination with a vow to win back Daboya/Makarigu seat
- ECG’s swoop in Nungua District identifies 48 illegal connections
- Playback: PM Express discuss IMF Programme conditionalities
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- God’s Ministers key to national decision-making – New EC Board member
- Don’t expect normal procedures when the military is called into action – Brigadier Aggrey Quarshie
- Agric Minister woos rice investors in Thailand to Ghana
- ‘Ghana Today’ platform initiative is good but not enough – Executive Director of Penplusbytes
- I’m not disappointed ‘Downflat Remix’ wasn’t a hit – Kelvyn Boy
- Nyarko is a helpless romantic in new single ‘You’
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mineral companies
- Ghanaians in diaspora urged to showcase identity and culture