The Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has urged drivers to exercise caution in order to reduce the rate of road accidents.
He says motorists should regularly maintain their vehicles and ensure they are always in good condition before they set off for every journey.
The Asantehene made the comments when he inaugurated a bus terminal for the Kumasi branch of the Neoplan Transportation Services at Asafo.
He advised drivers against alcoholism while urging them to obey traffic regulations since this is a major cause of accidents in the country.
In an interview with Luv News in Accra, the National Vice Chairman of the GPRTU, Alhaji Issah Tetteh, said acquisition of land for such projects remains a major challenge to the union.
He appealed to the Asantehene and the Ashanti Regional Minister to assist the GPRTU to acquire land for similar projects to help improve the transport sector.
The project was funded by members of the union who ply the Accra Kumasi road.
Source: Zack Ohemeng Tawiah
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
Chrissy Teigen says Kim Kardashian ‘gave her all’ to her marriage with Kanye West
Adjei Boakye: Demigods in our body politics; mismanaging our natural resources
Photos: 25-year-old who was allegedly murdered by boyfriend in Ho buried
I am a proud farmer – Dumelo declares after harvesting 3 tonnes of ginger