Ghana defender John Pantsil has been slammed by West Brom defender Gianni Zuiverloon for the tackle that forced Marek Cech out of Tuesday’s 3-0 defeat at Fulham.
The Baggies were firmly in the game when Cech was left writhing in agony after going in for a sliding challenge with Paintsil.
The Slovakian left-back needed treatment but could not continue and had to be replaced by Nicky Shorey, adding to Albion’s injury problems.
Cech’s injury will be assessed ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup third-round game at Reading.
But Zuiverloon, who was handed his first Premier League start of the season in a makeshift defence, was furious with the tackle, claiming it could easily have caused serious damage.
“It was a very nasty tackle right on his shin and it could have broken his leg,” said the Dutch defender.
“It was something we were very mad about. It was right by the linesman and I think he should have seen it.”
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Royal Choice Academy wins Jan Binder green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Pork prices up by 40% in three months
- 2022 World Cup: Ghana will not be seeking revenge against Uruguay – Otto Addo
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with 6m grant from Sweden
- Cement Producers bewail fall in demand due to high cost of production
- EOCO recovers over ¢27m crime monies in 10 months
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- A draw could be good for us but we want to win – Otto Addo on Uruguay clash