The Asamankese Circuit Court has sentenced a 31-year-old palm wine tapper to 60 days imprisonment for possessing firearms without authority.
He will serve his jail term in hard labour. Charles Norvor, the convict pleaded guilty to the charge and was convicted on his plea.
According to the prosecutor, Chief Inspector Samuel Appietu Appiah, the complainant is a Police Officer in Asuom. The accused also resides in the same town.
He told the Court, presided over by His Honour Abubakari Abass Adams, about the rise in crime, especially robbery, in Asuom and other communities.
He said on August, 5, a robbery case which led to the death of one person while other people lost their properties, was recorded in Asuom.
The Police, the prosecutor said, therefore, intensified investigation in Asuom and other communities, and on August, 24, Police in Asuom had Information from Amankwakrom that the convict has a single-barreled gun in his possession.
The Police went to the house of the convict and retrieved the gun from him.
Chief Inspector Appiah explained that, upon interrogation, the accused admitted ownership of the gun, but said it was bequeathed to him by his grandfather.
It was established that he had no documentation authorizing him to use it.
After investigation, the accused was charged and arraigned before court for prosecution.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future
Ghacem to construct new factory in Kumasi to boost cement supply