All Police officers and their families have been relocated from apartments at a facility serving as the Apromase Police Barracks after fire destroyed a floor of one of the three storey buildings.
The fire killed a Police officer, Owusu Asante Baafi, together with his wife and their four-month-old daughter.
The evacuation announced by the IGP, Dr. George Akuffo Dampare is to give way for a complete assessment of the building to ensure safety standards.
Though the two other buildings were not affected by the fire, similar assessment will be done on them.
Dr. George Akuffo Dampare announced this when he visited the barracks with some members of Police Management Board.
Luv News checks indicate the affected persons are now residing in hospitality facilities within the vicinity.
All three storey buildings on the compound have been evacuated. The environment has since been cordoned under security protection.
Already, a team of psychologists have commenced provision of some services to the affected persons.
Persons who lived in the destroyed flats are being prioritized.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- “Next big thing for Ghana” – Asamoah Gyan lauds Ernest Nuamah after Algeria outing
- Kudus is the kind of player fans buy tickets to see – Ajax coach
- I was humbled when Shatta Wale worked with me for free – Basketmouth
- Government urged to pay District Assemblies’ Common Fund arrears
- Fifa places worldwide ban on Tottenham managing director Fabio Paratici
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Playback: Kamala Harris engages women entrepreneurs
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Economic crisis: Accept your mistakes – Mahama to Akufo-Addo
- Urgently approve 3 new revenue bills to expedite IMF bailout – BoG Governor appeals to Parliament
- Uber and TechConnect Africa spotlight how tech can promote economic equity in Africa
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Black Stars: Eric Bekoe charges GFA to appoint Asamoah Gyan as part of technical team
- Ecobank committed to empowering unbanked, underserved Ghanaians through financial inclusion – MD