President Akufo-Addo left Ghana on Sunday, for an eight-day working visit to South Africa, the United States of America, and Ethiopia.
In South Africa, he will participate in the 2019 edition of the Investing in African Mining Indaba, the world’s largest mining investment conference.
It is dedicated to the capitalisation and development of mining in Africa, where he will deliver the keynote address.
In the United States of America, the President, at the invitation of the National Prayer Breakfast Host Committee, will attend and deliver a keynote speech at the 67th Annual National Prayer Breakfast to be held on Thursday.
He will also participate in a fundraising event for the construction of the National Cathedral.
In Ethiopia, President Akufo-Addo will lead Ghana’s delegation to the 32nd Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union (AU).
This is being held on the theme “Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons: Towards Durable Solutions to Forced Displacement in Africa”.
He is expected to return to Ghana on Monday and in his absence, the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Rawlings hopeful NDC, NPP will heed Akufo-Addo’s call to disarm militias
- NPP, NDC meeting cannot stop party militia canker – Asiedu Nketia
- Meet next week over party militia - Akufo-Addo rallies NPP, NDC leaders
- Full Text: President Akufo-Addo's SONA 2019
- SONA 2019: New ¢1b Housing Fund to target low-income earners – Akufo-Addo
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo pays tribute to fallen heroes in 2018
- State of the Nation address: What to expect
- What the law says: On formation and joining political militia groups
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo to ‘justify mandate, confidence reposed in him’
- Emile Short Commission ‘doing some good work’ – NDC alters stance
- Kumasi shooting confirms plans to scuttle NDC primaries – top executive
- NDC denounces militia group ‘The Hawks’
- Short Commission petitioned to invite Mahama
- NCCE to name, shame political parties backing vigilante groups
- Investigate 15-bullet marks around my house – Witness tells Commission