President Akufo-Addo left Ghana on Sunday, for an eight-day working visit to South Africa, the United States of America, and Ethiopia.
In South Africa, he will participate in the 2019 edition of the Investing in African Mining Indaba, the world’s largest mining investment conference.
It is dedicated to the capitalisation and development of mining in Africa, where he will deliver the keynote address.
In the United States of America, the President, at the invitation of the National Prayer Breakfast Host Committee, will attend and deliver a keynote speech at the 67th Annual National Prayer Breakfast to be held on Thursday.
He will also participate in a fundraising event for the construction of the National Cathedral.
In Ethiopia, President Akufo-Addo will lead Ghana’s delegation to the 32nd Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union (AU).
This is being held on the theme “Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons: Towards Durable Solutions to Forced Displacement in Africa”.
He is expected to return to Ghana on Monday and in his absence, the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens
- Dust not settled on approved Bono Regional Minister – Minority hints
- NDC kicks against ‘online’ registration of new voters
- Videos of alleged irregularities in referendum fake -EC
- NDC is being disingenuous with NHIS collapsing claims - Dep. Minister
- CPDA to launch maiden Vice Presidential Permutations Forum
- Produce evidence of cancelled power agreements – Jinapor to Gabby, NPP
- Back off! Minority to gov’t over planned privatisation of airport management
- Ofosu Ampofo, Kwaku Boahen granted ¢100K bail over criminal charge