President Nana Akufo-Addo has left the country on Sunday to attend the R20 Austrian World Summit.
He is attending the Summit in his capacity as co-Chair of the UN Secretary General’s Group of Eminent Advocates on the 2030 SDGs.
The President will participate in the high-level panel discussion on the need for leadership to take responsibility in the global process on sustainable development and international co-operation.
The Summit is an initiative which is helping regions, countries and cities to implement the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and to meet the global climate protection targets outlined in the Paris Agreement.
Whilst in Austria, President Akufo-Addo will hold bilateral talks with the President of Austria, Alexander Van der Bellen, and Austrian Chancellor, Sebastian Kurz.
He will also hold same with the President of Hungary, János Áder; as well as the CEO of the World Bank, Kristalina Georgieva.
The Ghanaian community resident in the European country will also have an opportunity to have a one-on-one with the President.
President Akufo-Addo was accompanied by the Foreign Affairs Minister, Shirley Ayorkor Botchway, Environment Minister, Dr Kwabena Frimpong Boateng; and officials from the presidency and Foreign Ministry.
The President will return to Ghana on Tuesday and in his absence, the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghana needs leaders willing to be unpopular - Ashesi lecturer
- New presidents can’t sack CEOs: NDC backs Supreme Court decision
- 'CHRAJ application incompetent' - Freddie Blay shows up in court
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- Rearing for food and jobs will develop livestock industry – Akufo-Addo
- EMYs honours British High Commissioner for Dev't achievements across Africa
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday
- Female representation in Parliament still low – Majority Leader laments
- Video: Africa's problem is leadership - John Maxwell speaks on Joy FM
- Suit challenging legality of Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election dismissed
- District Assembly rejects 2018 League Table after scoring zero