Audio By Carbonatix
Real Madrid have sacked coach Manuel Pellegrini, with the Spanish giants set to turn to Inter Milan's Jose Mourinho as his replacement.
The decision, taken at a board meeting on Wednesday, was announced by club president Florentino Perez.
Mourinho is expected to head to the Bernabeu after winning Champions League there with Inter on Saturday.
Inter president Massimo Moratti is resigned to losing the 47-year-old former Chelsea boss to the Spaniards.
Earlier this week Moratti suggested Mourinho's departure would be a protracted affair but by sacking Pellegrini Real have made their intentions abundantly clear.
Mourinho has often said he wants to manage in Spain and has cited the fact that no manager has ever won championships in England, Italy and Spain.
Pellegrini has been under pressure after failing to win a trophy this year.
Real were pipped to the Primera Liga title by Barcelona and were knocked out of both the Champions' League and the Spanish Cup.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
26 minutes -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
39 minutes -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
43 minutes -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
51 minutes -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
2 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
2 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
2 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
2 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
2 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
2 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
2 hours -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
3 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
4 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
4 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
4 hours