Residents of Fanteakwa District in the Eastern Region are distressed over what they say is the absence of a durable solution in dealing with the security threats being posed by the rampaging Fulani herdsmen in the area.
They contend that, unless some remedial actions were taken, programmes being pursued in the District such as the Millennium Challenge Account (MCA) will not yield the expected dividend as their farms continued to be destroyed by the marauding alien herdsmen with no end in sight.
Making their contributions at the district’s turn of People’s Assembly held at Begoro on Monday, they pleaded with the security agencies to protect them from the menace of the Fulani herdsmen.
In response, the Minister of the Interior Albert Kan-Dapaah, said government will soon come out with policies to contain the situation, among which, he said, will be a ban on roaming ruminants in preference for the greater use of kraals.
On concerns about the acute water shortages in the district capital, the Member of Parliament for the area, Kwadwo Agyei Addo, announced that the government has awarded a contract for construction of underground water system in the Begoro township.
He, however, called for support for the contractor referring to incidents of some youth tampering with equipment for the project, which was now being handled by the police.
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor