Rwandan police have arrested four people who escaped from a Covid-19 treatment centre at a school in the eastern region.
The four escaped at about 19:30 local time on Wednesday and were arrested the following day.
“Following information that four detainees had escaped, security organs and local leaders worked together to locate their whereabouts,” a police spokesperson for the eastern region said.
“On Thursday, following the release of their particulars and identities, people, who saw them, were quick to call the police,” he added.
Security and health officers are tracing people who they may have come into contact with the escapees to help stop the spread of the virus.
Rwanda has recorded 1,210 coronavirus cases so far, including two deaths.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- Livestream: 38th National Farmers’ Day celebration in Koforidua
- Asase Gyefo organic fertiliser to the rescue amid inorganic fertlisers’ record-high global prices
- Netherlands reaffirms commitment to transform Ghana’s economy to be more ‘GrEEner’ and circular
- Elon Musk suspends Kanye West from Twitter for inciting violence
- Newly elected Volta, Greater Accra NDC executives visit Mahama