Second Lady, Samira Bawumia, has been honored by the Atlanta City Council and Macon-Bibb County in the United States of America for her contributions to humanity.
The Founder and Chief Executive of Samira Empowerment and Humanitarian Projects (SEHP) was given a GWAG Humanitarian Award.
According to a proclamation in effect of the recognition of the wife of the Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, the Atlanta City Council said “the membership of the Atlanta City Council on behalf of the citizens of Atlanta do hereby recognise Her Excellency Mrs. Samira Bawumia on this 14th day of May, 2022 for her tireless work on the many issues that impact families across the globe.”
Mrs. Samira Bawumia is an advocate of women’s rights and economic empowerment, gender equity, entrepreneurial development, women and children’s health, as well as education and is known for her goodwill through her philanthropic organization, the Samira Empowerment and Humanitarian Projects (SEHP).
She has initiated critical and timely interventions in areas of health, education, and women’s empowerment.
The wife of the Vice President, also through her (SEHP) instituted Shea Empowerment Initiative, a women’s economic empowerment project that has trained 1,200 women on quality shea nut picking, shea kernel production and preservation and she also strives to empower women economically through the SEHP Skills and Entrepreneurial Development initiative.
This has trained about 3,300 women in various vocations and skills.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- A-G asks Auditor-General to unpublish ‘premature’ Covid-19 Audit Report
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Airports Company ordered to release Frontiers Healthcare Service Ltd contract to Joy News
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Domestic Debt Exchange: We’ve achieved more than 50% of participation – Deputy Finance Minister
- The Forbes Billionaires List: Africa’s billionaires
- Alex Osei-Kojo: People, beliefs, oil and gas governance in Ghana
- Jojo Wollacott makes injury return in Charlton friendly
- Morocco not required to provide certificate of good conduct in human rights
- Goverment seeks Indian investment in oil and gas sector
- UK sends life-saving support to earthquake-hit Turkey and Syria
- Agric Ministry denies entering into agreement to import pork from USA
- SuperSport to introduce local languagues in Commentary
- Actor Fred Nuamah to contest for NDC parliamentary primaries at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- Auditor-General complied with the law by publishing Covid-19 Audit Report – Avedzi to Dame
- Akufo-Addo swears in 21 new High Court judges
- MTN ‘Save a Life Campaign’ back after a 2-year break
- Tyre Nichols: Policeman took and shared photos of injured man
- Walmart gunman who killed 23 pleads guilty to hate crimes
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, February 9, 2023