The Board Chairman of Kumasi Asante Kotoko, Dr Kofi Koduah Sarpong, has appealed to sports writers and presenters to refrain from peddling untrue stories about the club.
He said the doors of the board were opened and that they should make sure they got their facts correct before they went public.
“Feeding on speculations and casting insinuations just to create confusion among sports fans and management will simply be unhelpful to the nation’s sports development,” Dr Sarpong said.
He was addressing a press conference in Kumasi on Monday to outline the plans and initiatives of the Board.
He stated that Kotoko was facing many challenges but given commitment, dedication, cooperation and united front on the part of the board, supporters, technical handlers, and players these could be effectively dealt with.
“There is a new dawn and things are going to be done professionally” Dr Sarpong said.
Dr Sarpong pledged the board’s determination to build the needed structures and provide the required leadership to invigorate the club and run it along commercial lines.
He said he was happy about the promise by the supporters to assist the board in its revenue mobilization drive.
Dr Sarpong revealed there were plans to establish a players’ village and build a club house befitting the image of the club.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- GSE is worst performing stock market in Africa; suffers from cedi depreciation
- 18 maternal mothers detained at the Eastern Regional Hospital rescued by Kabaka Foundation
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa