Former Asante Kotoko coach Zdravko Logarusic has landed himself a new job as national team manager of Sudan on a short-term basis.
The 55-year-old, whose contract with the Porcupine Warriors was terminated after 11 games last season, will lead Sudan at the 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Morocco.
The Sudan Football Association will review his position after CHAN.
"I met the football president [Kamal Shaddad], a very respectable person, sitting with him was something special," Logarusic said.
"We talked about everything. The first impression was very impressive,
"This is a dream job and the plan is to prove that I can make a positive impact on the country's football.
"I have been in Africa for a long period and this will help in adapting to things in Sudan."
Apart from Kotoko, the Croatian tactician has also managed Ghanaian clubs such as King Faisal Babes and Ashanti Gold.
He has also spent time in East Africa at Kenyan clubs Gor Mahia and AFC Leopards as well as a spell in Tanzania at Simba.
Sudan edged Ethiopia 2-1 on aggregate in August to reach next year's CHAN tournament - their second appearance at the event after staging the 2011 edition as hosts.
The tournament, which is for African footballers based in their own domestic leagues, will be staged in Morocco between 12 January and 4 February.
Sudan are in in Group A with Morocco, the second choice as hosts after Kenya fell behind with preparations, the 2016 semi-finalists Guinea and Mauritania.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- Afcon 2019: Benin forces draw from Ghana in group opener
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect