Former Asante Kotoko coach Zdravko Logarusic has landed himself a new job as national team manager of Sudan on a short-term basis.
The 55-year-old, whose contract with the Porcupine Warriors was terminated after 11 games last season, will lead Sudan at the 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Morocco.
The Sudan Football Association will review his position after CHAN.
"I met the football president [Kamal Shaddad], a very respectable person, sitting with him was something special," Logarusic said.
"We talked about everything. The first impression was very impressive,
"This is a dream job and the plan is to prove that I can make a positive impact on the country's football.
"I have been in Africa for a long period and this will help in adapting to things in Sudan."
Apart from Kotoko, the Croatian tactician has also managed Ghanaian clubs such as King Faisal Babes and Ashanti Gold.
He has also spent time in East Africa at Kenyan clubs Gor Mahia and AFC Leopards as well as a spell in Tanzania at Simba.
Sudan edged Ethiopia 2-1 on aggregate in August to reach next year's CHAN tournament - their second appearance at the event after staging the 2011 edition as hosts.
The tournament, which is for African footballers based in their own domestic leagues, will be staged in Morocco between 12 January and 4 February.
Sudan are in in Group A with Morocco, the second choice as hosts after Kenya fell behind with preparations, the 2016 semi-finalists Guinea and Mauritania.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- FIFA condemns undercover investigator killing
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea in talks with Bayern Munich target
- Kwesi Appiah will be sacked if Ghana fail to win 2019 AFCON
- Mybet.Africa offers bonus for Kotoko-Coton Sports match
- Chelsea striker Morata 'agrees to join Atletico Madrid'
- GOIL sends goodwill message to Kotoko ahead of Coton Sport clash
- Australian Open 2019: Sharapova beats defending champion Wozniacki
- Jose Mourinho: Ex-Man United manager 'too young to retire' and 'belongs at top level'
- I pick my team based on penis size - German coach's response to journalist
- Barcelona fight back to reach Copa del Rey quarter-finals
- Serena makes light work of Bouchard at Australian Open
- Fred Pappoe wants to lead Ghana Football Association
- CAFCC: Annan warns Kotoko against complacency in Coton Sport clash
- GUSA turn attention to 2019 World University games
- Kwame Kizto open to Hearts of Oak return