Newly appointed coach of Liberty Professionals Reginald Asante Boateng is staying calm despite his side's baptism of fire in the Ghana Premier League suffered at the hands of West Africa football academy on matchday 2.
Boateng watched his side lose 3-1 to last season's Ghana Premier League runners-up in their first game of this season. Aminu Mohammed put the Academy Boys ahead before Richard Danso and Charles Boateng added their names to the scoresheet to complete a dominant performance.
Brute Andoh grabbed a last-minute consolation for the Scientific Soccer Lads but that was all it was as the Dansoman based club suffered their first ever defeat at home to the Academy boys.
Liberty professionals have often made the Dansoman Carl Reindorf park a fortress in previous league season and fans were rightfully disappointed with the heavy defeat but the coach who has been within the youth ranks of the Scientific Soccer lads was not largely concerned in his post match presser.
''I’m happy and sad at the same time because of the results. This was our first game in the league,'' he said at his post-match press conference.
''WAFA have already tasted the league against Kotoko so they [were] a bit ahead of us, it is not over yet.
''This is our first loss at home; we will go back to the drawing board and come back stronger.
''We played well. The score line and our performance doesn’t reflect. I’m happy with the performance of the boys.''
Liberty Professional next play regional rivals on the matchday three of the ongoing Ghana Premier League at the Tema Park.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan