Newly appointed coach of Liberty Professionals Reginald Asante Boateng is staying calm despite his side's baptism of fire in the Ghana Premier League suffered at the hands of West Africa football academy on matchday 2.
Boateng watched his side lose 3-1 to last season's Ghana Premier League runners-up in their first game of this season. Aminu Mohammed put the Academy Boys ahead before Richard Danso and Charles Boateng added their names to the scoresheet to complete a dominant performance.
Brute Andoh grabbed a last-minute consolation for the Scientific Soccer Lads but that was all it was as the Dansoman based club suffered their first ever defeat at home to the Academy boys.
Liberty professionals have often made the Dansoman Carl Reindorf park a fortress in previous league season and fans were rightfully disappointed with the heavy defeat but the coach who has been within the youth ranks of the Scientific Soccer lads was not largely concerned in his post match presser.
''I’m happy and sad at the same time because of the results. This was our first game in the league,'' he said at his post-match press conference.
''WAFA have already tasted the league against Kotoko so they [were] a bit ahead of us, it is not over yet.
''This is our first loss at home; we will go back to the drawing board and come back stronger.
''We played well. The score line and our performance doesn’t reflect. I’m happy with the performance of the boys.''
Liberty Professional next play regional rivals on the matchday three of the ongoing Ghana Premier League at the Tema Park.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dogboe predicts knockout victory over Navarrete in rematch
- Solskjaer: I don't know if Man Utd players care
- NC Special Cup: WAFA beat Hearts as Dwarfs and B. Chelsea secure first wins
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- PSG clinch eighth Ligue 1 title after Lille draw
- Everton put 4 past woeful Man United
- Betway Easter Gala 2019: Top 4 winners awarded
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 6 preview
- Juventus win eighth successive Serie A title
- Monte Carlo Masters: Fognini stuns Nadal to reach final
- Jeffrey Schlupp's Afcon in doubt after ankle injury
- Tennis: McDan ITF World Tour launched
- Man City hold on against Tottenham to go top
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season