Asante Kotoko have crashed out of the Caf Confederation Cup at the group stage after they were defeated by Zesco United on Sunday.
The Porcupine Warriors, who needed a win to qualify for the quarterfinals, threw away a one-goal lead to lose 2-1 to the Zambian side at the Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola.
Kotoko stunned the host when they opened the scoring in the 46th minute through substitute Stephen Nkarko. The attacking midfielder headed into the net after Zesco goalkeeper parried a shot into his path.
However, the lead lasted for eight minutes as Jesse Were restored parity with a close-range effort.
Two minutes later, Kondwani Mtonga scored to make it 2-1 for the Zesco.
The defeat for Kotoko means Al Hilal of Sudan and Zambian side Nkana qualify from Group C despite Hilal thumping Nkana 4-1.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Bale scores against Arsenal but future 'unchanged'
- Hudson-Odoi agrees five-year deal to stay at Chelsea
- Zidane denies showing Bale disrespect
- Hearts of Oak decide against renewing Malik Akowuah's contract
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.