Can you imagine going a whole month without taking a dump? One suspected drug dealer in Harlow, England has gone a record-breaking 34 days without passing stools for fear of providing police with evidence after allegedly swallowing drugs right before his arrest last month.
24-year-old Lamarr Chambers was arrested on January 17, after failing to stop his car when police put their lights on. Officers claim that during the chase, the suspect was “moving his head towards his hand and his hand towards his head as if he was eating something”, but when he finally pulled over, Chambers casually told them that he had been eating fried chicken.
Police have reason to believe that he actually swallowed crack cocaine and heroin that he intended to sell around Harlow, so they have been holding him in custody and waiting for him to take a number two. But he simply refuses to do it.
Prosecutor Kathy Wilson claims that the detained suspect has been deliberately limiting his food intake to prevent the bowel movement, but recent updates suggest that he has been eating up to eight cereal bars per day, which he later swapped for fruits and vegetables, and even some fish made by his mother. But after over a month in police custody, nature still hasn’t taken its course.
“Mr Chambers has not properly been to the toilet for some 33 days,” prosecutor Kathy Wilson told reporters yesterday.
Details from Chambers’ most recent appearance before the Chelmsford Magistrates Court suggested that he may have passed stools in the hospital, but Wilson clarified that no ‘faecal matter’ had been collected and that police are still on #PooWatch.
“He did wipe his bottom and there was a stain on the toilet paper,” she told Metro.co.uk. “Had any amount of faecal matter been passed, we would not be in this position today.”
In the beginning of this bizarre case, Harlow Police used the #PooWatch hashtag to keep reporters informed about any developments, but 24 days into the suspect’s toilet strike, they just stopped providing updates, informing media outlets that they will be making a final announcement “when he does what he needs to do”.
Thanks to his capacity to prevent bowel movement, Lamarr Chambers smashed through Britain’s old record for most days spent in police custody, which stood at 23 days.
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Champions League final moved to Porto and 12,000 Chelsea and Manchester City fans can attend
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup
National Security Ministry to probe alleged assault on Citi FM journalists by security operatives
Government is committed to investing more in the youth – NYA Deputy CEO
NSMQ 2021: Tamale Islamic SHS denied ‘Eid-Trophy’ after Notre Dame SHS exited them at semis of Northern Zonal Championship
Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
Full text: Speaker Alban Bagbin’s message on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr