The image above, according to 9to5Mac, is the upcoming iPhone XS that Apple plans to announce on September 12th.
The leaked marketing image shows a new gold colour option — we know Apple had explored releasing a gold iPhone X last year — and the two sizes that the OLED iPhone models will come in.
The image definitely looks like something that Apple would produce, and the phone is positioned at the same angle that Apple often uses for iPhone marketing assets. Again, this is not a mockup or fan render; it appears to be a legitimate image of the new phones direct from Apple.
A similar image for the current iPhone X on Apple’s website lends credence to the leaked marketing asset.
Apple is also expected to launch a third, 6.1-inch LCD iPhone that will share the overall design of these, but with an aluminum frame instead of the stainless steel on the iPhone X and XS.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Facebook accused of dark PR tactics
- MiSafes' child-tracking smartwatches are 'easy to hack'
- 'Ugly' mistake sends Google data to China
- WhatsApp is going to delete all your messages
- Burned to death because of a rumour on WhatsApp
- Local IT firm develops employee verification solution
- Apple admits that there’s a major problem with the iPhone
- ICT is modern juju - University Professor
- Facebook will no longer force employees to resolve sexual harassment claims in arbitration
- Apple finds quality problems in some iPhone X and MacBook models
- China unveils AI news presenter
- Player anger over Rainbow Six Siege changes
- World’s first folding smartphone unveiled – and it’s not from Samsung
- Why big tech firms pays poor Kenyans to programme self-driving cars
- Don’t freak out about Apple's iPhone sales numbers