The image above, according to 9to5Mac, is the upcoming iPhone XS that Apple plans to announce on September 12th.
The leaked marketing image shows a new gold colour option — we know Apple had explored releasing a gold iPhone X last year — and the two sizes that the OLED iPhone models will come in.
The image definitely looks like something that Apple would produce, and the phone is positioned at the same angle that Apple often uses for iPhone marketing assets. Again, this is not a mockup or fan render; it appears to be a legitimate image of the new phones direct from Apple.
A similar image for the current iPhone X on Apple’s website lends credence to the leaked marketing asset.
Apple is also expected to launch a third, 6.1-inch LCD iPhone that will share the overall design of these, but with an aluminum frame instead of the stainless steel on the iPhone X and XS.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Millions using 123456 as password, security study finds
- How to protect your privacy on YouTube
- How to declutter your inbox and unsubscribe from unwanted emails
- KNUST students develop gas leakage detector that operates via SMS alert
- Facebook copied email contacts of 1.5m users
- Meet the firefighting robot that helped save Notre Dame
- Vodafone empowers students in Blockchain technology
- Machine learning will become a reality in the near future - ACCA report
- Game of Thrones suffers Apple TV glitch
- Facebook tests merging its News Feed and Stories into a single interface
- Gov't agencies owe NITA GH¢13m
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp suffer outages
- 'World's largest plane' lifts off for the first time
- It cost Facebook $22 million to keep Mark Zuckerberg safe last year
- Google to collaborate with institutions with launch of Accra AI Centre