The image above, according to 9to5Mac, is the upcoming iPhone XS that Apple plans to announce on September 12th.
The leaked marketing image shows a new gold colour option — we know Apple had explored releasing a gold iPhone X last year — and the two sizes that the OLED iPhone models will come in.
The image definitely looks like something that Apple would produce, and the phone is positioned at the same angle that Apple often uses for iPhone marketing assets. Again, this is not a mockup or fan render; it appears to be a legitimate image of the new phones direct from Apple.
A similar image for the current iPhone X on Apple’s website lends credence to the leaked marketing asset.
Apple is also expected to launch a third, 6.1-inch LCD iPhone that will share the overall design of these, but with an aluminum frame instead of the stainless steel on the iPhone X and XS.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Tech Thursday video: Did you know using a laptop on your lap is dangerous?
- 5 digital trends set to dominate in 2019
- Facebook's 10-year challenge is just a harmless meme, right?
- YouTube bans dangerous or harmful pranks
- Top 15 free movie download websites for 2019
- Instagram's most-liked post is now just an egg, sorry Kylie Jenner
- Ghanaian researchers introduce new vitamin A improved, orange-coloured maize
- 20 Ghanaian women to be selected for tech start-up
- Russia loses control of orbiting Spektr-R space telescope
- Apple planning to release three new iPhones in 2019
- Chinese schools track students with GPS-enabled “smart uniforms”
- Hacklab Foundation to Extend IBM Digital - Nation Africa Program to Ghanaian Youth
- Mark Zuckerberg wants to save the world from problems he helped create
- Breath-test gadgets tell you what to eat
- Samsung adds rival Apple's iTunes to TVs