Finally, WhatsApp users can now engage in a group video or voice calls following an update of the messaging app a few weeks ago.
So, if you’re on iOS or Android app, just update your WhatsApp and then enjoy the service.
To get connected, you’ll need to start a one-on-one voice or video call with a contact, and then tap the ‘add participant’ button at the top right of your screen.
Earlier this year, WhatsApp announced that it has 1.5 billion monthly active users, so there’s probably quite a few people who are itching to try the new group calling feature out.
WhatsApp first launched video chatting in 2016 and voice calling way back in 2014, and now its users spend a total of 2 billion minutes per day talking on the phone.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Women whose boyfriends watch porn ‘more likely to develop eating disorders’
- Galaxy S10 to be released March 8
- Apple to investigate Saudi app that tracks women
- Huawei to start Africa data centre services from March
- Siemens partners WestPark to build industrial, business park in Africa
- Unraveling the journey of Vodafone 4G
- Google and Facebook 'need fake news regulator'
- Siemens launches FABRIC to turn urban data into dynamic visualisation of Jamestown
- Celltel, CEIEC, RAC sign MOU for $300m Smart Cities project
- Is the internet bad for us?
- Huawei sets new record, over 200 million phones sold in 2018
- Apple to pay teen who found FaceTime bug
- Facebook adds new Group tools as it looks for ‘meaningful’ conversations
- KNUST Teaching Assistant manufactures affordable incubators
- New Samsung true wireless earbuds appear in leaked promotional image