Tension is mounting within the chieftaincy corridors in the Gonja Kingdom ahead of the inauguration of the Savannah Regional House of Chiefs by President Akufo-Addo on September 24.
This follows the expulsion of Bolewura, Sarfor Kutuge Feso I from the list of chiefs selected to represent at the regional and national levels.
Sources say the Bolewuru, together with his over 200 sub-chiefs and queen mothers have vowed to see the exclusion of his name and the traditional area from the list of Paramount chiefs who will represent the region at the National House of Chiefs in Greater Accra, reversed.
The incident which has sparked tension and has become the talk of Bole town resulted in an emergency meeting at the Bolewura’s palace on Saturday
This was strictly attended by all the queen mothers and sub-chiefs.
An anonymous source within the palace told JoyNews, “The Bole skin is a major player in the affairs of the Yagbon tradition and culture.
“And leaving us out of the list of chiefs representing the region at the national level at this time will be resisted; no matter what it takes.
“We strongly suspect foul play within the Chieftaincy institution in our region.
“We believe there is a ploy to marginalize Bolewura and by extension, our traditional area, which isn’t fair.”
Touching on the meeting, the source said, a decision has been taken for a petition to be sent to the Yagbonwura on Tuesday.
The letter will be to draw his attention to the development and appeal for a possible review of the list from the Savannah Regional House of Chiefs.
Meanwhile, the King of Gonjaland, Yagbonwura Tutumba Bore-Essa I who is an automatic candidate for the Savannah Regional House of Chiefs will head the chiefs who have been selected from the region to the National House of Chiefs.
These chiefs include; Bamboi Koro from North Mo Traditional Area, Buipewura, Kongwura, Kpembewura, and Kusawguwura.
Again, with the exclusion of Kulmaasa, Bamboi and Maluwe, the Bole Traditional Area has the highest population of about 11,200 and can boast of the biggest sub-skins in the Gonja Kingdom.
This also includes Tinga, Sawla, Tuna, Banda Nkwanta , Kalba and Mandari.
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Champions League final moved to Porto and 12,000 Chelsea and Manchester City fans can attend
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup
National Security Ministry to probe alleged assault on Citi FM journalists by security operatives
Government is committed to investing more in the youth – NYA Deputy CEO
NSMQ 2021: Tamale Islamic SHS denied ‘Eid-Trophy’ after Notre Dame SHS exited them at semis of Northern Zonal Championship
Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
Full text: Speaker Alban Bagbin’s message on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr