Reigning VGMA Artiste of the Year, KiDi, has revealed that there is a roadmap to winning at Lynx Entertainment.
This comes after the singer picked up five awards; Album of the Year, [Golden Boy]; Afrobeats/Afropop Artiste of the Year, Artiste of the Year, Best Reggae Dancehall Song, [Touch It]; Vodafone Most Popular Song of the Year [Touch It], at the VGMAs on Saturday.
According to him, Lynx Entertainment outlines strategies that guide the artists under the label in achieving milestones in their profession—and these plans are reviewed and redrawn annually.
In an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, KiDi said: “There is a roadmap to winning at Lynx Entertainment, not for the awards [per se], but as artists under the label in general.”
The “Touch It” hitmaker added that “when we start the year, we start with the focus of doing better than the previous year,” he disclosed via Hitz FM on Monday.
Before this, there was a perception that artists signed onto Lynx Entertainment are favoured when it comes to awards—especially VGMA, due to the owner of the label, Richie Mensah’s “affiliation” with the Board of the scheme.
In an exclusive interview with Doreen Avio, on June 26, 2021, this assertion was eventually refuted by Richie Mensah, saying, “I was only made a board member once, in my life—and that was in 2014”.
KiDi subsequently expressed his displeasure about his successes in the music scene being linked with Richie Mensah’s “presence” on the board.
The “Mon Bebe” singer said that “[People who do that] are trying to say that all the hard work does not count because Richie is on the board, but sometimes I don’t even know who is on the board,” he revealed via Joy FM on Monday.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Livestream: The Law discusses justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave club this summer
Rafael Nadal apologises after Wimbledon third-round win ends on testy note
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International