Audio By Carbonatix
U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday said his administration will ask the Supreme Court for an expedited ruling on tariffs that a U.S. appeals court found illegal last week.
The court ruling on Friday threatens to undercut the Republican president's use of the levies as a key economic policy tool.
The court allowed the tariffs to remain in place through October 14 to give the Trump administration a chance to file an appeal with the Supreme Court.
Trump told reporters in the Oval Office when asked about the court ruling that his administration will seek an expedited ruling as early as Wednesday, "because we need an early decision."

Trump's tariff policy is a central pillar of his economic agenda, and he credits it with taking in billions of dollars for the U.S. government.
"It's a very important decision, and frankly, if they make the wrong decision, it will be devastating for our country," he said.
U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent on Monday expressed confidence that the Supreme Court will uphold Trump's use of a 1977 emergency powers law to impose sweeping tariffs on most trading partners.
Latest Stories
-
GoldBod is the best we’ve done with our gold resources yet – Kofi Bentil
4 minutes -
‘I never insulted Afenyo-Markin, he got the response he deserved’ – Sammy Gyamfi
17 minutes -
We’ve moved gold purchases to Interbank rate – GoldBod CEO
40 minutes -
‘We’re not milking the state like a parasite’ – Sammy Gyamfi defends GoldBod fees
46 minutes -
‘You can’t call it losses today after defending it’ – Sammy Gyamfi to NPP on Gold-for-Oil Programme
49 minutes -
Unclaimed car? Efua Abban’s experience with shipping a car to Ghana from the United States
59 minutes -
GoldBod revenue comes from legally approved fees – Sammy Gyamfi
1 hour -
Ghana cautions Tijjaniya Muslim pilgrims over road travel to Senegal
1 hour -
Mfantsiman old girls rally support for ICT library as school marks 66th Speech Day
1 hour -
We won’t stay silent on deliberate smear campaigns – GoldBod CEO
2 hours -
Ghana’s grid not the strongest – Jinapor admits as gov’t eyes critical power investments
2 hours -
I support calls for Energy Minister to appear before Parliament – Sagnarigu MP
2 hours -
Frequent power trips alarming; urgent measures needed to prevent nationwide blackouts – Ben Boakye
2 hours -
Blackout: Akosombo control station works to be completed next month – Energy Minister insists
2 hours -
ACEP warns frequent power trips expose weaknesses in Ghana’s transmission system
2 hours