A 37-year-old unemployed who defrauded his cellmate at the Suntreso police station in Kumasi has been remanded into prison custody by the Nkawie Circuit Court.
Kojo Voma was said to have succeeded in collecting ¢3,000 from the complainant under the pretext of securing legal counsel for him but went into hiding.
His plea was differed to April 23 this year for the police to complete their investigation.
Detective Chief Inspector Comfort Amankwaa told the court presided by Michael Johnson Abbey that, Voma and the complainant, Alex Owusu, were in cells at the Suntreso police station for stealing.
He said Voma was granted police enquiry bail.
The prosecution said Voma collected ¢3,000 from the complainant to get a lawyer but after collecting the money, he went into hiding.
Chief Inspector Amankwaa said the complainant informed his investigator and Voma was arrested back to the police station.
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor