Universal Plastic Products and Recycling (UPPR) Limited, a subsidiary of the Jospong Group of Companies has been adjudged the Manufacturing Company of the Year at the 33rd CIMG Annual National Marketing Performance Awards.
The event which was held at the Labadi Beach Hotel, Accra, was under the theme “Creative Marketing and Innovation in a Volatile Global Economy”.
The Annual National Marketing Performance Awards is an awards scheme initiated by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Ghana (CIMG) to deepen the interest of the marketing profession, create awareness for the marketing concept, stimulate healthy competition among organisations and promote high professional standards as well as encourage excellence among marketing practitioners.
UPPR Ghana Limited is a top plastic production and recycling company located at Borteyman, in the Tema West Municipality of Accra.
It has the vision of becoming the best plastic recycling company in Africa and strives to provide high-quality plastic products for individuals, institutions, and businesses while eradicating plastic waste from the environment.
UPPR specialises in the use of recyclable materials, fully developed process solutions, education, and the transfer of technology among others. Their products and services include the manufacturing and distribution of plastic waste bins, buckets, and plastic chairs.
Speaking at the event, the National President of CIMG Dr. Daniel Kasser urged all marketers to be creative in their marketing plans and to execute them with accuracy and tact, which will positively impact Ghanaian businesses.
He was grateful to all individuals and businesses for their support throughout the year and for planning and executing the awards ceremony.
The Guest of Honour, Mr. Idorenyen Enang, President of the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria congratulated all award winners and urged them not to lower their standards which had earned them great recognition.
Other award winners included the Managing Director of Absa Bank Ghana, Mrs. Abena Osei-Poku, who received the Marketing Woman of the Year award and Daniel Wilson Addo, CEO of Consolidated Bank Ghana, who was adjudged the Marketing Man of the Year.
There were also goodwill messages from Ghana Microfinance Institutions Network, Ghana Association of Micro Finance Companies (GAMC), Ghana Reinsurance PLC, Private Print & Online Media in Ghana (PRINPAG), Maverick Research and the Association of Oil Marketing Companies (AOMC) among others.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue