At the bubbly and youthful age of 20, the last thing TV personality, Nana Aba Anamoah, expected was her life to make a shocking 360 turn so fast it landed in an unfamiliar spot.
Being a mother at an age where many are carefree and get all the time they need to figure things out for themselves, Nana Aba was faced with challenges many at that age were unfamiliar with.
With a baby to feed and goals to achieve, young Nana Aba took to working to get closer to her aims. The road definitely was not easy.
Sharing this story on ‘Strong and Sassy’ on Joy FM on Wednesday, the broadcaster explained anytime she hit a roadblock, her son got her through.
“Just seeing my son smile made me happy, it was a sparkle. Every time I felt I had hit a snag, my son just reminded me that ‘this is it, you need to go for me’,” she told Naa Ashorkor, host of the show.
She explained the carefree life many had and still do in their 20s was not on the cards for her and never had the chance to do them either.
She stated, “I had to work and I had to be a mother, that was the shock for me, combining both, I never imagined that would happen.“
Despite everything, she believes it was fun taking on challenges and working hard to make a point to herself.
The popular TV personality, however, wishes she had spent more time with her friends. In her bid to take good care of her song, hustle for money and also have a career, Nana Aba, had sadly lost some of her good friends.
She revealed she was focused on achieving the goals set for herself; she would do anything to succeed.
“I joined the media and was ready to be a household name in 3 years. If that meant leaving my friends behind I was willing to do so. They would call me and would brush them aside because, I had given myself timelines and wasn’t ready to give up on that,” she stated.
Nana Aba mentioned her fear of not succeeding as a single mother at that young age like many others she had seen, fueled her passion and urge for success.
Watch full interview below:
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Playback: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region