Audio By Carbonatix
Some voters travelling from the Sene East District in the Brong Ahafo region have been left stranded, as a ferry to transport them on the Sene River has yet to arrive.
The ferry will connect them to Krachi-Nchumuru and other communities where they can cast their ballot for the creation of the proposed Oti and Bono East Regions.
The voters are racing against time to vote in the referendum on the creation of new regions which is expected to end by 5PM on Thursday.
However, since arriving at the Doffor-Battor ferry station in the morning, the ferry has still not arrived, Nhyira FM’s Ohemeng Tawiah reports.
No information has been provided as to why the ferry as delayed.

One of the stranded voters spoke to Ohemeng Tawiah
Ohemeng says in the absence of the ferry, the voters and other commuters may have to resort to boats which are both expensive and unsafe.
Some of the voters told Ohemeng they were not prepared to miss out on the referendum.
“A gentleman I spoke to has come all the way from Fadama in Accra. They [voters] say they cannot come this far and allow the opportunity to slip through their fingers. They are bent on taking part in the referendum.
“They tell me they will be compelled to board the boat which comes without life vests. They say it is better to lose their lives to bring development to their area than not participating at all,” Ohemeng reports.
The referendum which is taking place in 47 districts, if successful, will result in the creation of six new regions.

Earlier, the Vice President Dr Mahamadu Bawumia cast his vote at the Kperiga Presby JHS ‘A’ polling station at Walewale in the West Mamprusi District of the Northern region.
Speaking to the media after voting, the Vice President urged voters in all six proposed regions to turn out in their numbers to exercise their democratic right to vote.

He is confident of a smooth, peaceful vote which would affirm the wishes of the people on the proposal to create new regions.
Former President John Mahama is expected to cast his ballot at Bole also in the Northern region later in the day, his campaign spokesperson, Agyenim Boateng told Joy News.
So far, Joy News correspondents report that but for a few hitches, the process has been smooth and peaceful.
Latest Stories
-
Tantalus or Triumph? Ghana and the Harvest of Economic Recovery
4 minutes -
Ghanaians have no idea how much foreigners make from galamsey – Archbishop Duncan-Williams
26 minutes -
Today’s front pages: Monday, August 17, 2026
28 minutes -
‘If you want to imprison me over my friendship with Bawumia, go ahead’ – Rev. Kusi Boateng
47 minutes -
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
3 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
3 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
3 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
3 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
3 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
3 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
3 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
3 hours -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
3 hours -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
4 hours -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
4 hours