The West African Institute of Mining, Metallurgy, and Petroleum (WAIMM) will host the fifth edition of the WAIMM Annual Industry Conference (WAIC) on January 17 and 18 2023.
The conference will be held at the main auditorium of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly under the theme: “Building a Resilient and Sustainable Natural Resources Industry Beyond Global Pandemic.”
The WAIMM conference which started in June 2016 seeks to come up with solutions, ideas, and recommendations for the problems facing the mining and allied industries as well as the economy and development of Ghana, West Africa, and beyond.
Next year’s edition will feature over 50 mining, petroleum, and investment organisations and leaders who will be sharing great insights and knowledge on current trends in the resources industry and investment opportunities.
A statement issued to announce the conference said “this annual event creates opportunities for attendees to discuss the latest trends, research and insights into sustainability, strategies to develop diversified economies, stimulate investment, and benchmark operational excellence by shaping the future of West Africa’s mining industry.”
WAIC 2023 will provide a platform for leading mining suppliers to showcase their solutions to West African mining and petroleum professionals and opportunity for business networking, hands-on experience and knowledge transfer about exhibitors’ products and services.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Learn from past DFIs in order to avoid repeating mistakes – CBG MD to DBG
- “Next big thing for Ghana” – Asamoah Gyan lauds Ernest Nuamah after Algeria outing
- Kudus is the kind of player fans buy tickets to see – Ajax coach
- I was humbled when Shatta Wale worked with me for free – Basketmouth