The City of Cape Coast has signed a memorandum of understanding with the African Diaspora Development Institute (ADDI) and two local companies, to pave way for the creation of an Ultra-Modern Smart City christened, the Wakanda City Of Return.
Leveraging on the heritage and cultural tourist asset in Ghana, the partners desire to create a place of pilgrimage for the people of African descent to know about their history, culture, the civilization of Africa, and its role in the creation of the new world economy.
Cape Coast and ADDI will host a global virtual press conference to announce the creation of this defining project, Wakanda City of Return on Thursday, November 12, 2020.
The project is a private sector-led initiative to develop the coastline and new areas in Cape Coast by creating a heritage experience with the provision of 5-Star hotels, retreat/ health resort, conference centres, and an ultra-modern continental corporate headquarters for ADDI.
The two local companies involved in the joint venture with the African Diaspora Development Investment are Pelicape Limited and Adepa Africa Investments.
The project is expected to create about three thousand (3,000) jobs in Cape Coast.
The organizers say the timing of the project is apt since the country is still benefitting from the “Year of Return” and the “Beyond the Return” initiative organized by government
The recent announcement by the government to build an airport in Cape Coast also ties in perfectly with the strategic heritage tourism project.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- #NSMQ2021: Mfantsiman Girls SHS dumped for the third time in a row at regional championships
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received a baton before – Coach
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
- Students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Customs driver jailed for selling official vehicle
Italian woman accidentally given six shots of Covid-19 vaccine
Drake is Billboard’s Artist of the Decade, will receive honor at 2021 Billboard Music Awards
We’ll work for food security reserves – ECOWAS
Pandemic could lead to more child obesity, WHO Europe office warns
French court fines, sentences Oppong Weah’s son for reckless partying
Salifu Ibrahim not being swayed by man of the match awards
SYND-Ghana backs Lands Ministry’s fight against exploitation of forest reserves
‘I left home so I can take care of my family,’ – A ‘kayayo’ on why she is on the streets
Make a deliberate effort to own a copy of the 1992 Constitution – NCCE
Parliament to reconvene on May 25 to commence second meeting
Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
Even though it hurts to see you with her, I’m genuinely happy for you
To my ex-lover that I can’t move on from