My boyfriend has been acting strange lately. He feels irritated with every little thing I do, insults the hell out of me, makes me feel like am worthless and of no value.
It almost 4 years together and I feel like he doesn’t see anything good in me.
The last time we had sex was October, he won’t even touch me.
My question now is; why do guys change in a relationship all of a sudden after the sweet times together and all of a sudden the other partner now looks like a monster?
I love this guy so much and I am not ready to lose him because he is now part of me. After God and family, he is the next person so dear to my heart. Losing him will really make me go crazy.
After the death of my mum, he has been there for me; he has been the mother I will always run to but now I am losing him.
Just last night, I was close to taking my own life cause the pain and torture is too much to bear.
After I dropped my death note under the bed, I was close to ending it forever because nothing seemed to be working out for me anymore.
I don’t even care about my own dreams again. I thought destiny has finally brought the one who will always make me smile and happy forever again but I guess I wasn’t destined for happiness.
I would have ended it last night but I don’t want to put him and his family in trouble because, since the strike in school, I have been at their crib.
Please I don’t have any friends to talk with or share this with; I need your help please.
When a man stops showing affection, you cannot take blame for it. You must realise this. His faults and shortcomings in the relationship should be his to bear.
By blaming yourself for his wrong actions, you are putting yourself through unnecessary emotional trauma.
Even if you did something wrong and caused the initial problem, his refusal to talk to you about it makes him responsible for the situation as well! By refusing to talk to you, he makes it difficult to rectify the situation and make the relationship return to what it once was.
Even if you were wrong, his actions make him just as responsible for this as you are!
I say all of this so as to let you know that you do not have to bear all the pain and worry by yourself. This is not [entirely] your doing. The responsibility for the situation is shared.
Having said all of this, I need to let you know also that you are not less-deserving of happiness than anyone else in this world.
You deserve to be happy and that your relationship is not working now does not mean you can no longer be happy in life or even in love.
I honestly think that you should let this man go. If he is showing signs of being tired of you despite all the promises, it shows his mental state and is not an indication of your insufficiency.
Focus your energy on things that make you fulfilled when you are by yourself; things that fill you with a personal sense of accomplishment and self-sufficiency.
When you have this, it will no longer be easy for anyone, least of all a man, to take you for a ride or tamper with your inner peace for more a brief moment.
Guide your peace in all the ways you can. And please suicide is not the way. There is love in pockets of spaces around us. You’ll find someone better.
I asked him last night if I have done anything wrong and if there is something I was doing and I don’t do anymore that might have caused these changes but he ignored me and all the while I was talking, he didn’t even cough.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Akufo-Addo calls on chiefs, MMDCEs to actively rally behind government to curb illegal mining
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Government increases cocoa price by 21 percent to ¢800 a bag
- Consumer Protection Agency raises alarm on sale of already registered SIM cards
- President’s speech did not offer any new direction in fighting galamsey – Daryl Bosu
- Samuel Antwi beats Johnson Acquah to win the Translight Solar Tennis Super Cup
- Two sisters settling family feud on Big Chef
- Minority in Parliament pressures government to announce producer price of cocoa for 2022 season
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- Masloc begins training for its staff as nationwide digitisation rollout
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face