Local Black Stars management committee head Fred Pappoe says talks that Avram Grant should take charge of the team are misplaced.
Ghana’s current opponent in qualifiers for next year’s CHAN, Ivory Coast, have their main national team coach Michel Dussuyer taking charge of the local components as well.
Other Africa countries such as South Africa, DR Congo and Nigeria all practice the same system.
The last time Ghana did that was in 2009 when Serbian manager Milovan Rajevac took the local Black Stars to the maiden CHAN tournament in Congo.
Some football pundits want that system brought back where Avram Grant will be in charge of the local Black Stars instead of his assistant Maxwell Konadu.
But Fred Pappoe who has been with the team since 2013 doesn’t see the need
“You don’t fix it when it is not broken, why would you want to change the current arrangement?” he asked.
“People can say whatever they want but i don’t think you fix something that is not broken.
“Maxwell Konadu has been handling the team for the past three years and we have all been seeing his performances so i don’t see a problem there.”
The home based stars are chasing a fourth appearance at next year’s African Nations Championship in Rwanda.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Banks in Ghana too profitable; impose ‘Bank Tax’ on their investments – British Financial Economist
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- MOVEit hack: BBC, BA and Boots among cyber attack victims
- District Court grants bail to 21 suspects over attack on Daboya Police Station
- Vision Pro: Apple’s new augmented reality headset unveiled
- Assin North by-election – NDC’s statement lacks deep thinking – Nana B
- Sellout show as Burna Boy makes history in London
- Ghana patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NPP has no locus when it comes to winning Assin-North by-election – Mustapha Gbande
- Assin-North by-election: Charles Opoku has no allegiance to Assin-North constituency – Mustapha Gbande
- Gbi Godenu, other communities in Hohoe to soon become defecation free with new public toilet facilities
- Ada Traditional Council seeks state security for Songor Salt Project
- Help care for the aged in the society – Noble Age Foundation
- From Eric’s Diary: Ei! So, NPP can break the 8?
- Gov’t remains committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti Mines – Lands Minister
- Dutch & Co’s logo evolution reflects an exciting future for the company