Harare International Airport has been renamed after Zimbabwe's current President, Robert Mugabe.
Transport Minister Joram Gumbo justified the decision on the grounds that Mr Mugabe was a "war hero" and "African icon".
There is tension about who will succeed the man in power since 1980, with a number of key contenders removed from their posts.
Mr Mugabe, 93, says he will stand for re-election next year.
His wife Grace has been tipped to succeed him and is expected to be appointed vice-president.
When plans to rename the airport were announced in September, Zimbabwean journalist Elias Mambo suggested the president's ego was being "massaged".
- I’ll walk naked to Parliament to protest the anti-LGBTQ bill if it’s approved – Mother of transgender singer affirms
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill won’t meet constitutional test going forward – Dr Poku Adusei
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
- Homeland Study Group Leader, Papavi reported dead
- Embassies’ denial of visas over Anti-LGBTQ bill amounts to imperialism – Economist
- Samson’s Take: Stop hurting with your bad attitude at work
- Anti LGBTQI+ Bill: Does the NDC have one face at home and another face abroad? – Prof. Emerita Manuh asks
- Killer lamps removed from 1,418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
- Nothing will change about fuel prices – CEO of Bulk Oil Distributors
- Don’t misconstrue groups against Anti-LGBTQ Bill as supporters of same-sex related activities – Dr Poku Adusei
US Christian missionaries kidnapped in Port-au-Prince – Reports
Over 800,000 Ghanaians fully immunized against Covid-19 – GHS
Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward ‘the best player’ in the world, says Jurgen Klopp
Paul Pogba: Man Utd need to ‘change something’ after loss to Leicester
ECOWAS deploys 55 observers to Presidential election in Cabo Verde
Ghana’s Sustainable Financing framework published on Finance Ministry’s website
Livestream: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Human Rights advocate urges Ghanaians to be circumspect with discussions on LGBTQI+ bill
Proscribed lamps removed from 1418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
TECNO Brings Ultra-steady and Ultra-clear Gimbal Camera Phone CAMON 18 Premier
“You’ve all been cowed” – Mahama criticises media for not probing corruption allegations against government
Two-month tax waiver on fuel products “unconstitutional and populist” move – Dafeamekpor
Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
Reality zone with Vicky Wereko: No quarantine, doors open – UK says you may come, but……
Nurses, midwives and relatives saw my son as a girl – Mother of transgender recounts