Some 20 people have lost their lives in two separate accidents that took place on Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
The first, which occurred in the Eastern Region, resulted in the death of 14 people, while the second, which occurred in the Central Region claimed six lives.
Ghanaians woke up to the sad news after a DAF Cargo truck crashed into two buses at the Kyekyewere stretch off the Accra-Kumasi Highway.
According to eyewitnesses, the cargo truck with registration number 11 JL 6112 en route to Burkina Faso collided into two vehicles; an STC bus with registration number GE 8131-16 and another bus with registration number GT4997 -20.
The cargo truck is said to have burst a tyre, forcing the driver to veer off its lane.
The development resulted in more than 50 other passengers sustaining various degrees of injuries.
Exactly 15 hours after the incident at Kyekyewere, reports of another fatal accident hit the airwaves leaving many in shock.
The head-on collision which occurred around Gomoa Adam near Gomoa Anteadze on the Kasoa-Cape Coast highway left six people dead and seven others injured.
That accident involved two passenger cars, a Ford Transit with the registration number GS 6031- 20 and a Toyota Hiace with the registration number GR 5059-20.
An eyewitness who spoke to JoyNews, blamed the accident on wrongful overtaking and speeding.
He said, a total of 14 people were involved but five people died on the spot.
The last victim, a woman, later succumbed to her injury at the hospital.
Meanwhile, the victims involved in the accident at Kyekyewere were sent to the Nsawam and Suhum Government Hospitals while those involved in the accident on the Kasoa road were immediately transported to the Apam Catholic Hospital for treatment.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
Academic City holds Diversity Day to deepen understanding of African Culture
German-based Muslim group supports Nsawam-Adoagyiri Zongo communities
IDeL-UEW to establish study centres in some West African Countries
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease
GPL wrap – Medeama and Bechem United lose at home for the first time as Hearts close gap at top