Two people have been arrested in connection with the lynching of a man at Kade in the Kwaebibirim district of the Eastern region last Tuesday.
According to the police, the two were part of the mob that bludgeoned the 43-year-old victim to death.
The man, MacJames Appiah Mensah popularly called ‘Obolo’ died at the Kade hospital Tuesday moments after he was taken there blood-soaked and his head mashed.
His brother, MacWesley Appiah Mensah who confirmed the tragic incident explained that Obolo’s death was linked to a 12-year dispute between his family and a local businessman over a property.
A viral video shows the 43-year old man stripped down to his shorts, beaten and bruised. He was also bound in chains and secured to iron rods.
The deceased was padlocked and despite his pleas for mercy, crashed with stones. His brother said a wooden handle of a pick-axe was used to beat him up until it broke.
‘Obolo’ allegedly inflicted cutlass wounds on two people during a fight over his father’s property.
But, some residents, who were infuriated by the attack, subsequently subjected the man to severe beatings which led to his death.
Speaking on Adom Fm’s morning show, Dwaso Nsem on Tuesday, the Asamankese Divisional Police Commander, ACP Tefutor Keletsi said the police are on a manhunt for more suspects.
He noted that the video has been sent to the police forensic laboratory to identify more suspects who perpetrated the heinous crime.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide