Finally, Ghana has welcomed a new queen for the Miss Universe pageant.
25-year-old Chelsea Tayui is Miss Universe Ghana 2020. She was crowned in a private ceremony held at the Labadi Beach Hotel and broadcast on Joy Prime TV on Saturday.
Chelsea is a communications executive and has been working with an NGO before Miss Universe. She is from Keta in the Volta Region.
After her crowning, she extended her appreciation to the organisers of the pageant and the public.
“To the Miss Universe Ghana team and leadership, Mrs Menaye Muntari, I thank you for your excellence and best in class delivery of professionalism.
“I thank my parents and my family without whom I cannot soar. I am committed to working tirelessly to bring a spirit of compassion and service to the people of Ghana and to represent my beautiful country at the international level with all the glory that it deserves.
“I am humbled by the trust you have bestowed upon me and I will wear it with all the honour and dignity that it deserves. I am here to serve”.
She will represent Ghana at the international Miss Universe pageant slated for early next year.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- #NSMQ2021: Mfantsiman Girls SHS dumped for the third time in a row at regional championships
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
Even though it hurts to see you with her, I’m genuinely happy for you
To my ex-lover that I can’t move on from
Residents of Amanase burn vehicle belonging to 5 suspected ritual murderers
SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
Photos: Kweku Baako and family visit Jubilee House to thank Akufo-Addo, Bawumia for their support during burial of his mother
You walked out on me and it was the best thing that could’ve happened
4 reasons why traveling makes us happier
High freight charges, raw materials, reasons for rising cost of building materials
Wesley Girls ‘no fasting’ policy: What dialogue can’t resolve, even war can’t – Muslim Caucus in Parliament
AGRA holds webinar on Ghana’s Agricultural Transformation Journey
Israeli Embassy organises investment forum for agriculture
Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
G7 nations pledge $389m over Boko Haram insurgency
Dolait appreciates Chief Imam for role in providing peaceful business climate
Multimedia Group journalist, Isaac K. Normanyo gets ‘Adansiman Bofuo’ award