Police in the Savannah Region have arrested a 25-year-old man for allegedly attempting to rob a distribution van on the Bole-Bamboi highway.
On January 17, 2020, a Mercedes Benz vehicle with registration number GX 5225- 17 was driven by Amoah Amponsah together with salespersons Adjei Yaw Hayford and Stella Darsi as they escorted the vehicle full of soft drinks from Banda Nkwanta to Tinga.
The three were in the company of police officer L/Cpl Edmond Kyei Baffour.
The suspect, Seidu Salifu and two other masked men sprang out of the bush nearby and started firing in an attempt to rob the said van on reaching a section of the road between Banda Nkwanta and Nouryiri.
The police officer on board the van returned fire and hit the right ankle of Seidu Salifu, who was arrested and later identified as a herdsman at Bole. His two other accomplices (Sumaila and Elliasu, both residents of Bole) are still at large.
Found on him were one locally manufactured single barrel shotgun, one live cartridge, a face mask, one Techno mobile phone and cash of GH¢130.
Meanwhile, the 25-year-old suspect is undergoing medical treatment for his injured ankle at the Bole District Hospital as investigations continue.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Playback: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region