Police in the Savannah Region have arrested a 25-year-old man for allegedly attempting to rob a distribution van on the Bole-Bamboi highway.
On January 17, 2020, a Mercedes Benz vehicle with registration number GX 5225- 17 was driven by Amoah Amponsah together with salespersons Adjei Yaw Hayford and Stella Darsi as they escorted the vehicle full of soft drinks from Banda Nkwanta to Tinga.
The three were in the company of police officer L/Cpl Edmond Kyei Baffour.
The suspect, Seidu Salifu and two other masked men sprang out of the bush nearby and started firing in an attempt to rob the said van on reaching a section of the road between Banda Nkwanta and Nouryiri.
The police officer on board the van returned fire and hit the right ankle of Seidu Salifu, who was arrested and later identified as a herdsman at Bole. His two other accomplices (Sumaila and Elliasu, both residents of Bole) are still at large.
Found on him were one locally manufactured single barrel shotgun, one live cartridge, a face mask, one Techno mobile phone and cash of GH¢130.
Meanwhile, the 25-year-old suspect is undergoing medical treatment for his injured ankle at the Bole District Hospital as investigations continue.
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
Rastafarian suit: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
IEPA, UNESCO Category II institute Inaugurates board members for West Africa toward achieving SDG 4
Let’s take charge of our future and our resources – Anika and Jabari Osaze
Motorbikes, tricycles contributes over 40% deaths, enforce law on banning – GPRTU
Education institutions must pay domestic utility tariff – TMA
Cocoa Management System will track progress of children in school – Cocobod
Tema East MP hails Speaker Bagbin and Dean of Presiding Members
All set for opening of IIPGH Digital Design & Creative Hub
Prudential Bank discusses transportation at 2nd AfCFTA Summit
NDC risks losing party bigwigs over accountability issues – Mohammed Frimpong
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year
No need to panic about China’s export of Cocoa – COCOBOD