The Police have arrested the fifth suspect involved in the Amasan Tamfoe robbery that resulted in the death of two people on May 27, 2022 in the Eastern Region.
In a statement, the Police noted that Yahaya Adama, believed to be the mastermind of the robbery, was arrested at his residence at Akwaboaso in the Eastern Region.
According to the Police, the suspect upon his arrest “admitted having received GH₵11,000.00 out of the booty.”
It would be recalled that the suspect and his gang of armed robbers, numbering seven, attacked and robbed a gold buying company at Asaman Tamfoe on May 27, 2022 during which they shot and killed a security man and one other in the process. They also made away with over GH₵100,000.00.
The Police said, “through sustained-intelligence operations, the Police have so far arrested five out of the seven robbers. Suspect Moro Saado was arrested on June 03, 2022 in Kumasi, suspect Ali Ousmanu who shot the security man was arrested on June 04, 2022 at Akanten near Asesewa, suspect Elvis Kwaasi was arrested on June 15, 2022 at Asaman Tamfoe, suspect Issaka Abdul alias Baba Liman was arrested on August 02, 2022 at Sofoline Kumasi and the 5th suspect, Yahaya Adama has been arrested at Akwaboso near Kwabeng.”
Although two more suspects are on the run, the Police assured that the “remaining two gang members will surely be arrested and brought to face justice as promised.”
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party