Audio By Carbonatix
After considering many side issues in consultation with the Osu traditional Council,Africa Box Office Sports Promotions have set a new date of Thursday May 15 for the bout at the Accra Sports Stadium.
The overly publicized Bukom Banku vrs Ayitey Powers mega fight has been rescheduled from May 16 to May 15, due to the ban on drumming and dancing from 15 May to 12 June in the Osu traditional Area.
The much awaited epic clash codenamed "Judgment Night" has had dates previously changed from April 25 to April 18 which was completely thrown overboard after Powers asked for a postponement upon, as he said, prophecy that he shouldn’t fight in the month of April.
Later on Ayitey Powers had again asked for that period of time to make consultations before officially agreeing to fight on Friday May 16.
The May 16 date was also not favourable to the Osu traditional Council so a meeting was held on Saturday to be changed to Thurday May 15.
The Ghanaian public have been clamouring for the fight which has received rave reviews interlaced with endless verbal war between the two boxers.
A record 3,000 tickets were sold on the first day of release with many experts tipping the fight when it does finally come off to record the highest ever attendance in Ghanaian boxing history.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana hosts Kenya, Netherlands, South Africa for talks on turning climate plans into action
2 minutes -
‘Now it’s action, no talking’ – Rent Control cracks whip on hostel operators
5 minutes -
GACC, Save Our Environment Foundation train Tano South residents on corruption and accountability
7 minutes -
MOGMusic to headline Ransomed Ministries Ghana’s Total Worship 2026
11 minutes -
Multimedia Group pays courtesy call on Petrosol ahead of GSE listing
21 minutes -
Gov’t acknowledges unresolved grievances over mining damage, displacement
21 minutes -
Joy FM to host maiden Back-to-School PrayerFest ahead of new academic year
24 minutes -
Ghana must legislate minimum community development obligations for mining companies – Mireku Duker
34 minutes -
GoldBod costs could have been minimised with better planning – Prof. Bokpin
35 minutes -
GoldBod operations imposing losses on BoG balance sheet – Prof Bokpin
39 minutes -
Mining must improve lives in host communities, not just national figures – Presidency
48 minutes -
Nigeria influencer arrested after seizure of cocaine worth $28m destined for the UK
1 hour -
Gender Minister inspects nutrition training for School Feeding caterers in Northern Region
1 hour -
GoldBod to fund rehabilitation of six water treatment plants affected by mining
1 hour -
ORC challenges CSA cybersecurity sanction, says penalty was premature and procedurally unfair
1 hour