Audio By Carbonatix
Some Twitter users were unable to tweet on Wednesday after the website experienced technical problems.
Account holders received a message saying: "You are over the daily limit for sending Tweets."
The outage-tracking website DownDetector reported the glitch just before 22:00 GMT.
Elon Musk has slashed Twitter's workforce over the last few months since he acquired the platform last October for $44bn (£36.5bn).
Last month the Tesla and SpaceX boss said Twitter had about 2,300 employees - down from around 8,000 when he took over.
For months experts have been warning that such deep cuts could cause technical issues, though it is not yet clear if the reduced headcount was to blame for Wednesday's outage.
It appears part of the outage was soon fixed, with many users reporting they could tweet.
Some reported being notified by Twitter that they were over the 2,400-tweet-per-day limit, even if they had not posted on Wednesday.
Account holders had also reported problems with Twitter messages. Several users said they could not access TweetDeck - a dashboard that can be used with Twitter.
It's not yet clear how many people were affected.
"Twitter may not be working as expected for some of you. Sorry for the trouble. We're aware and working to get this fixed," Twitter said.
In recent weeks many users have complained of bugs while using Twitter - including some claiming they could increase the reach of tweets if they locked their accounts.
Tech news website The Information reported that Mr Musk had told Twitter employees to pause on new feature development "in favour of maximising system stability and robustness, especially with the Super Bowl coming up".
Twitter also announced that users of its $8 a month subscription service in the US can now post longer tweets.
Twitter Blue subscribers can now post up to 4,000 characters, far more than the 280-character limit imposed on non-paying users.
"But don't worry, Twitter is still Twitter," the company said in a lengthy tweet announcing the feature.
Meanwhile, DownDetector also reported an outage at YouTube, which at its peak affected a reported 65,000 users.
In a tweet, YouTube - which is owned by Google's parent company Alphabet - said it was investigating reports that the website's homepage "is down for some of you".
"We're looking into it... really sorry if you're experiencing this," they wrote.
Latest Stories
-
Nana Aba Anamoah names Doreen Andoh and Kwasi Twum as her dream interviewees
54 minutes -
Nana Aba Anamoah rates Mahama’s performance
1 hour -
Religious Affairs Minister urges Christians to embrace charity and humility as Lent begins
2 hours -
Religious Affairs Minister calls for unity as Ramadan begins
2 hours -
Willie Colón, trombonist who pioneered salsa music, dies aged 75
3 hours -
Ga Mantse discharged from UGMC following Oti Region accident
3 hours -
Guardiola tells team to chill with cocktails as Man City pile pressure on Arsenal
3 hours -
Majority blasts Minority over Burkinabe border bloodbath claims
5 hours -
Analyst says Burkina Faso killings were a calculated signal to Ghana
5 hours -
Veep extends Ramadan greetings, donates to Cape Coast Central Mosque
6 hours -
Watch the moment President Mahama visited the Ga Mantse at UGMC after horrific accident
6 hours -
UBIDS secures $6.6m prefabricated classroom complex to end space deficit
8 hours -
Gold Fields Ghana Foundation deepens childhood cancer awareness drive; invests $4.8m in community health
8 hours -
Iran students stage first large anti-government protests since deadly crackdown
8 hours -
Fire guts Saboba Hospital’s Children Ward
9 hours
