Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

Morocco has formally signed an agreement to join the International Stabilisation Force in Gaza, becoming the first country to commit military, security and humanitarian support to the initiative aimed at protecting civilians and supporting reconstruction in the war-ravaged territory.

The agreement was signed in Rabat following a meeting between Morocco’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita; Minister Delegate in charge of the National Defence Administration, Abdeltif Loudyi; and the High Representative of the Peace Council for Gaza, Nickolay Mladenov.

Senior Moroccan military and security officials, together with the commander of the International Stabilisation Force, attended the meeting, where the legal, technical and operational framework for Morocco’s participation was finalised.

According to information released after the meeting, Morocco is the first country to sign such an agreement with the Peace Council for Gaza, building on commitments it made during the Council’s inaugural meeting in Washington on February 19, 2026.

The Moroccan government said the decision was taken on the instructions of King Mohammed VI, who also serves as Chairman of the Al-Quds Committee. It described the move as part of the Kingdom’s longstanding commitment to supporting “concrete and pragmatic solutions” for lasting peace in the Middle East.

Morocco reaffirmed its support for a two-state solution, backing the establishment of an independent Palestinian state within the June 4, 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital, existing peacefully alongside Israel.

Under the agreement, Morocco will deploy senior officers from the Royal Armed Forces to the force’s joint command. Personnel from the Royal Gendarmerie and the General Directorate of National Security will also help train and support a new Palestinian police service tasked with restoring public order during the transition.

The Kingdom also plans to establish a military field hospital to provide medical care for both the international force and civilians in Gaza. It will further support programmes aimed at preventing extremism, promoting deradicalisation and encouraging tolerance, coexistence and dialogue.

Morocco said its contribution goes beyond political support and includes financial assistance to the Peace Council for Gaza. According to the statement, it was the first country to contribute to the Council’s budget.

The statement stressed that the International Stabilisation Force would neither be an occupying force nor support one party over another. Instead, its mandate will be to protect civilians, secure Gaza during the transitional period, facilitate the return of displaced persons, support humanitarian operations and create conditions for reconstruction.

Morocco also highlighted its humanitarian support since the outbreak of the Gaza conflict, saying nearly 280 tonnes of aid had been delivered, including 180 tonnes in July 2025 and another 100 tonnes in August 2025. Additional support has been provided through the Bayt Mal Al-Quds Agency, which has financed social, health, education and heritage projects, as well as direct assistance to vulnerable Palestinians exceeding US$2.2 million.

The Kingdom said its participation draws on decades of experience by the Royal Armed Forces in United Nations peacekeeping operations, where Moroccan contingents have provided security, medical assistance and humanitarian support in conflict zones around the world.

Morocco said the agreement reflects its commitment to helping stabilise Gaza, reducing the risk of renewed conflict, and creating conditions for reconstruction, while maintaining that a lasting solution depends on a renewed peace process based on the two-state solution, Palestinian sovereignty, and the security of all people in the region.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.