Audio By Carbonatix
After many months of negotiations, the transfer poker game between Schalke and Bayern Munich over Manuel Neuer's signature has come to a close. The Bavarians issued a press release on Wednesday confirming the capture of the Germany international, who will sign a five-year contract.
Additionally, FC Hollywood's official website confirmed the signing of Rafinha from Genoa on a three-year deal that will expire in 2014.
"Today, FC Bayern Munich and FC Schalke 04 agreed to terms of the transfer of Manuel Neuer. Consequently, Neuer will join the German record champions on July 1, 2011," read a statement on the official Bayern website.
Neuer was absolutely thrilled to complete his move to Bayern and is ready to start a new chapter in his career at the Allianz Arena.
"I'm really looking forward to a great and exciting challenge at Bayern," he said. "Many colleagues from the national team are now my team-mates in Munich. So I will not enter an unknown territory and should settle in quickly."
The 25-year-old Rafinha was also excited to return to the Bundesliga and issued a statement of intent heading into the upcoming season.
"I am delighted that the change to Munich has been completed and that I can play again in the Bundesliga," he said.
The Brazilian added that in Munich he will "finally win the title, which so far I have failed to do. Here I can play against the best teams and with the very best players in the world, I am very happy."
Financial details including transfer and contract values were not released, although it is estimated that Neuer cost €18 million plus bonuses, and Rafinha came for around €5.5m.
The pair follow Nils Petersen as Bayern's second and third signings of the transfer window.
Source: Goal.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Bono East crowns Kintampo SHS, Gyarko Community Day SHS for national public speaking finals
5 minutes -
GRIDCo completes initial repair works on Ashaiman transmission line
15 minutes -
Egyapa Mercer donates hairdryers to graduating hairdressers in Sekondi
21 minutes -
Health Ministry hands 30 ambulances to National Security for refurbishment
25 minutes -
Republic Bank deepens commitment to homeownership with nationwide JoyNews Habitat Fair partnership
30 minutes -
Archbishop Duncan-Williams links galamsey to Ghana’s wider culture of indiscipline
33 minutes -
India’s clean energy leadership in green hydrogen
42 minutes -
Ghana’s Road Safety Crisis: We must move from reaction to prevention
44 minutes -
Duncan-Williams urges Church to educate Ghanaians on dangers of galamsey and gold smuggling
55 minutes -
New Defence Minister pledges technology-led defence posture
60 minutes -
India and Africa: Relations beyond rhetorics
1 hour -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
1 hour -
‘I’m not against enforcing the law’ – Archbishop Duncan-Williams defends call for prayer against galamsey, gold smuggling
1 hour -
Tantalus or Triumph? Ghana and the Harvest of Economic Recovery
1 hour -
Ghanaians have no idea how much foreigners make from galamsey – Archbishop Duncan-Williams
2 hours