Audio By Carbonatix
Neymar has reiterated that he will remain with Santos beyond the end of the European transfer window.
The Brazil international has been linked with a number of clubs across Europe following his excellent performances for Santos last season, as he guided them to Copa Libertadores glory courtesy of a two-legged final victory over Penarol.
His agent, Wagner Ribeiro, revealed at the weekend that both Real Madrid and Barcelona have made an approach for the services of the 19-year-old, and earlier this month Ribeiro also stated that Neymar would prefer to join Madrid over Barca, although the player himself remarked that he wants to remain with Santos and play in the Club World Cup in December.
Neymar has now once again said that he will stay in Brazil, confirming the words of his father that he would decide his future after the Copa America.
"I'm staying at Santos," the attacker told reporters on arrival in Brazil from Argentina following the exit of his nation from the Copa America at the quarter-final stage to Paraguay on Sunday evening.
Neymar is currently under contract with Santos until 2015, and has a buy-out clause of €45 million.
Source: Goal.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Genser Energy secures 456m euros to accelerate next phase of growth across West Africa
38 seconds -
COKA visits Kokofu after Ashanti NPP win, calls for unity ahead of 2028
4 minutes -
Bono East crowns Kintampo SHS, Gyarko Community Day SHS for national public speaking finals
23 minutes -
GRIDCo completes initial repair works on Ashaiman transmission line
33 minutes -
Egyapa Mercer donates hairdryers to graduating hairdressers in Sekondi
39 minutes -
Health Ministry hands 30 ambulances to National Security for refurbishment
43 minutes -
Republic Bank deepens commitment to homeownership with nationwide JoyNews Habitat Fair partnership
48 minutes -
Archbishop Duncan-Williams links galamsey to Ghana’s wider culture of indiscipline
50 minutes -
India’s clean energy leadership in green hydrogen
59 minutes -
Ghana’s Road Safety Crisis: We must move from reaction to prevention
1 hour -
Duncan-Williams urges Church to educate Ghanaians on dangers of galamsey and gold smuggling
1 hour -
New Defence Minister pledges technology-led defence posture
1 hour -
India and Africa: Relations beyond rhetorics
1 hour -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
1 hour -
‘I’m not against enforcing the law’ – Archbishop Duncan-Williams defends call for prayer against galamsey, gold smuggling
1 hour