Audio By Carbonatix
Carlos Tevez still wants to leave Manchester City and is not "overly worried" by the collapse of his move to Corinthians, says his representative.
The Brazilian side pulled out of a ÂŁ40m move for the 27-year-old on Wednesday.
Kia Joorabchian told BBC Sport: "This is Carlos Tevez we are talking about, one of the best players in the world. We are not overly worried.
"He wants to leave but is still a City player at the moment and we will of course respect that."
Joorabchian said he expects there to be interest from other clubs in the striker, who signed a five-year deal with City in July 2009.
"We've just got to wait and see who comes in next for him," he said.
City thought they had agreed a deal with Corinthians for the Argentine, but the Sao Paulo-based outfit had to pull out because they could not finalise the transfer before the close of their international transfer window at 0400 BST on Thursday.
Joorabchian added: "This deal was always going to be difficult because of the timing. In the end, this came down to small details, to haggling over a relatively small amount of money, and it couldn't be done in time."
And he rubbished suggestions that the deal had fallen through because Corinthians could not provide guarantees for the transfer fee.
"To say that Corinthians could not provide guarantees for the money is nonsense," he said. "Firstly, they are the biggest club in Brazil. Secondly, any club that makes an offer and cannot pay will get suspended by Fifa and have points deducted."
Tevez, who has previously had spells with Manchester United and West Ham, has said he wants to leave City to spend more time with his daughters.
He submitted a transfer request last December, before withdrawing it and helping City finish third in the Premier League table.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Residents of Brekusu-Kwabenya-Kitase protest over deplorable roads
5 minutes -
Genser Energy secures 456m euros to accelerate next phase of growth across West Africa
10 minutes -
COKA visits Kokofu after Ashanti NPP win, calls for unity ahead of 2028
13 minutes -
Bono East crowns Kintampo SHS, Gyarko Community Day SHS for national public speaking finals
32 minutes -
GRIDCo completes initial repair works on Ashaiman transmission line
42 minutes -
Egyapa Mercer donates hairdryers to graduating hairdressers in Sekondi
48 minutes -
Health Ministry hands over 30 ambulances to National Security for refurbishment
52 minutes -
Republic Bank deepens commitment to homeownership with nationwide JoyNews Habitat Fair partnership
57 minutes -
Archbishop Duncan-Williams links galamsey to Ghana’s wider culture of indiscipline
60 minutes -
India’s clean energy leadership in green hydrogen
1 hour -
Ghana’s Road Safety Crisis: We must move from reaction to prevention
1 hour -
Duncan-Williams urges Church to educate Ghanaians on dangers of galamsey and gold smuggling
1 hour -
New Defence Minister pledges technology-led defence posture
1 hour -
India and Africa: Relations beyond rhetorics
1 hour -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
1 hour