Audio By Carbonatix
Firefighters spent an hour working to release a YouTube prankster who cemented his head inside a microwave.
Jay Swingler, 22, and a group of friends mixed seven bags of Polyfilla before they poured it around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the appliance.
Their intention was to use the microwave as a mould.
But by the time emergency services were called at 1.49pm on Wednesday to the garage of a house in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton, West Mids, the group had already been trying to free him for 90 minutes.
The friends had managed to feed an air tube into the man’s head to help him breathe, the Press Association reported.
Swingler, who helps run the TGFBros channel, was identified as the YouTuber last night. A ten-minute video of the incident has so far gained 865,000 views.
“I was panicking and I was telling [my friends] that I was about to die,” Swingler says of the incident in the video.
Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew who responded, said: “As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured.”
YOUTUBE/TGFBROS
Jay Swigler and friends filled a microwave with Polyfilla cement
WEST MIDS FIRE VIA TWITTER
The young man was photographed being helped by firefighters this weekend
He added: “Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded.
“We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck.
WEST MIDS FIRE VIA TWITTER
The man has not yet been named, but was said to be 'very relieved'
“He was very relieved when we removed a large chunk of the Polyfilla with a screwdriver, allowing him to breathe more easily. But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head.
“It took us nearly an hour to free him. All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need.”
The TGFBros YouTube channel includes videos with titles such as “I set myself in jello overnight” and “Hand-held firework shootout”.
Latest Stories
-
Fire engulfs building at Laterbiokoshie, fire service battles blaze
7 minutes -
Ivory Coast maintains GH¢3,600 equivalent per cocoa bag as Ghana reels from 28% emergency price cut
16 minutes -
GFZA celebrates National Chocolate Week and highlights opportunities in cocoa sector
29 minutes -
Former MMDCEs appeal to President Mahama for payment of end-of-service benefits
30 minutes -
Former MMDCEs petition President Mahama over unpaid benefits
33 minutes -
Plan International Ghana launches 9.4 million CAD support for women’s rights groups
53 minutes -
KsTU adjudged best technical university, 4th best university in Ghana in 2026 QS sub-Saharan Africa rankings
57 minutes -
Ghana considers extradition option in intimate image leak case – Gender Minister
1 hour -
Bawumia launches NPP rebuild, announces new policy unit ahead of 2028
1 hour -
We’re strengthening cross-border and cybersecurity collaboration to combat online abuse – Gender Minister
1 hour -
Obama clarifies views on aliens after saying ‘they’re real’ on podcast
1 hour -
Russia killed opposition leader Alexei Navalny using dart frog toxin, UK says
1 hour -
OMCs commence fuel price increases: GOIL sells petrol at GH¢10.24 as diesel rises to GH¢12.83
1 hour -
Modern, Vertical, Visionary: PUNA officially launched in Accra
2 hours -
Bishop Joel Duncan-Williams pays courtesy call on Central Regional Minister during evangelical visit to UCC
2 hours

.