Audio By Carbonatix
The Editor in Chief of the New Crusading Guide has described as misleading suggestions former National Security advisor Captain Kojo Tsikata was up to mischief, when he attempted to access BNI records of the killing of the judges.
According to him, Captain Tsikata went through official channels to access the documents but was denied by the then BNI boss, Yaw Donkor, who was acting on orders from above.
His comments follow a fall out from the discussion on “Who killed the judges,” a documentary put together by Joy FM’s Raymond Acquah about the abduction and murder of three judges and a senior military officer.
On Newsfile Saturday, Mr Kweku Baako who, has been a custodian of Ghana’s historical events said, he had personal interactions with Amartei Quaye, one of the architects of the murderous incident, after he was brought to the prison in which he (Baako) had been kept.
Confirming a statement by a prison warden that Amartei Quaye was brought to the prison with a mental disorder, Baako said the suspect could hit his head to a wall several times and when he was calm, he would confide in the inmates by telling them he saw the ghost of one of the judges haunting him.
At the tail end of the discussion, Baako said the former National Security Advisor, Captain Kojo Tsikata, had gone to the offices of the BNI in 1997 or 1998 to access documents about the killing but he was turned away.

When the host of the show Samson Lardy Anyenini asked why and what Mr Tsikata wanted the documents for, Mr Baako retorted “no comment.”
However, there have since been comments suggesting Captain Tsikata was up to mischief when he went to access the files at the BNI.
Others have also disputed the revelations by Mr Baako with some claiming that no one could stop Captain Tsikata from accessing any document he so chooses.
In a response, Mr Baako told Myjoyonline.com, his comment on Newsfile, was not meant to create any impression of diabolical mischief on the part of Captain Tsikata.
While he confirmed that indeed the incident happened, he was quick to add, that Captain could not have used official means to access the documents if he was up to some mischief.
“His decision to access the documents may have been for purposes of acquiring information and reconciliation,” he said.
“Mr Tsikata in the company of Peter Nanfuri, then IGP, gained access to the BNI but not the documents he wanted. He was upset with the Director of BNI Yaw Donkor,” Mr Baako added.
Latest Stories
-
Archbishop Duncan-Williams links galamsey to Ghana’s wider culture of indiscipline
2 minutes -
India’s clean energy leadership in green hydrogen
11 minutes -
Ghana’s Road Safety Crisis: We must move from reaction to prevention
14 minutes -
Duncan-Williams urges Church to educate Ghanaians on dangers of galamsey and gold smuggling
24 minutes -
New Defence Minister pledges technology-led defence posture
29 minutes -
India and Africa: Relations beyond rhetorics
32 minutes -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
32 minutes -
‘I’m not against enforcing the law’ – Archbishop Duncan-Williams defends call for prayer against galamsey, gold smuggling
37 minutes -
Tantalus or Triumph? Ghana and the Harvest of Economic Recovery
45 minutes -
Ghanaians have no idea how much foreigners make from galamsey – Archbishop Duncan-Williams
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Monday, August 17, 2026
1 hour -
‘If you want to imprison me over my friendship with Bawumia, go ahead’ – Rev. Kusi Boateng
1 hour -
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
4 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
4 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
4 hours